jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

I need your help!

1. IntimatEvolution profile image82
    IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago

My son's best friend is graduating high school, and I'm in need of the perfect gift.  This kid is like a second son to us, and we are looking to spend anywhere from $250 to $300 USD.  Any thoughts?  We are at a total loss.  I thought about getting him a nice watch with an engraving or an ID bracelet, but my son Zach and husband Mike aren't thrill about that idea.  So we need your help!  What would be a great graduation gift from a kid going out on his own,  and graduating from high school?  What would you give?

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Cash.

IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah- but Mike doesn't just want to hand this kid 300 bucks.  Now that is what I wanted back then, who wouldn't?

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

Has he been accepted to a college or university or is he going to move out of his parents home?

For the going off to college set, I would look at getting him if you know which college a gift card to the college bookstore or local eateries in the area. College items like a nice hoodie that represents the college team, t-shirts with the logo that kind of thing. Other thoughts are storage containers for the dorm room, bulletin boards, etc. Large unique to his tastes beach towels make great shower towels in a dorm setting.

For the one going off to start his own life, towels, dishes, pots and pans, things that he can use to furnish his own apartment. A great movie poster framed of his favorite movie.

Dang girls are easier, lol

I love the movie poster idea!!!  Perfect.  I love it!

4. profile image0

I almost didn't put that in there, glad I could help.

Oh yeah!  What a really cool idea!!!  I'm so excited!  Can you tell?  I love it.

5. profile image0

I'm so glad you are excited about it. I got something similar when I graduated and kept it for a very long time afterward.

6. IntimatEvolution profile image82
    IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago

Ok, so what is something good to write in a graduation day card?

working