jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Walmart already playing Christmas music.

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I was just in a Walmart Supercenter in my hometown, and, I was kind of surprised to hear Christmas music blaring through the store. I find this kind of annoying, as it isn't even Halloween yet. I also noticed that stores are already putting out the Christmas decorations.

I worked for the Meijer Company for 15 years, and they usually waited until midnight of the 31rst to start putting up the decorations. They once got their buts chewed by a christian group for putting up their decorations early, and had employees going around and taking everything down, and the christmas music was instantly switched to the beach boys. But, it all went right back up the day after Halloween. It was funny, because we could hear the lady from the church yelling at our store director from every corner of the store. And, if you have ever been in a Meijer store they are pretty big!

So, how do you feel? Being in retail for 15 years, I have heard all kinds of complaints about early holiday retail madness. The biggest are early Christmas decorations, and having easter stuff decorations and Valentines stuff on the shelves at the same time.

I'm sure if there was any other holiday that retail giants could cash in on, they would find a way to do it. Another one was the year 2000 madness, they had all the new years eve stuff out before Christmas!!!

1. plinka profile image83
      plinkaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don' t really want to keep Christmas or any other holidays all through the year. In fact, after a couple of days I get tired of all that fuss over Christmas. The problem is that I don't have a choice. I cannot walk in the town with closed eyes.

2. jfay2011 profile image61
      jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Right.  And have you noticed all the Christmas commercials are coming out.  I predict that Christmas will really be in July in the years to come.  Ha ha.  One year my ex's grandmother gave us Christmas money in July.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Worthy of a bump. smile