jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Happy Halloween!

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 4 years ago

Have a fun filled night.  I started out the day greeting my girls bus driver in my black velvet cape and feather boa.  They didn't want me to start off the morning wearing my mask.

1. 0
      Wilfionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The news today reported that many people want to ban trick or treating here in the UK.  The tradition is a relatively recent one here, imported from America, perhaps as a result of the Halloween movies.  Even those who don't want to ban it would ban masks and hoods as part of halloween costumes.  The newspaper article mentioned, that as a result of the riots in every city of England a couple of months ago, many people are now afraid of children, and therefore do not want them coming to their doors.  My local police force have issued signs to put in windows, warning trick or treaters away with the words, "Trick or Treat - No Thanks."

1. jfay2011 profile image60
        jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow.  That's too bad.  It is a fun creative holiday for people to dress up and have fun.  I guess the news here is that people want the holiday to always be on a Saturday so kids are not up late on a school night.

2. somedress2011 profile image60
    somedress2011posted 4 years ago

hey, I feel a little on the Halloween Day,I just go out with my friends ,not enjoy the party, and the halloween is not very popular in our country ,oh, i am a chinese girl.