jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

In the United States, we have entered the "Thanksgiving Season" --

1. breathe2travel profile image84
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

The fourth Thursday of each November is consecrated as a day of giving thanks to God for His abundance, provision and protection.  I realize not everyone believes in a Maker of Heaven and Earth -- but we can all still be grateful for our lives.  Research shows that a thankful heart is a happier heart. 

For the next few weeks, I plan to write daily at least one thing for which I am thankful.  Won't you join me?  Come back daily to read what others have shared, as well as to post.  Some days, it may simply be "running water" --  I look forward to reading your "thanksgiving". smile

Warmest regards~

Today, I am thankful for playing with stuffed animals with my soon to be seven year old.

breathe2travelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Today is Thursday, November 3rd.  Today I am thankful for the freedom to choose my own career and family path. I enjoy working my business from home and having time for my family.

2. breathe2travel profile image84

Today is Friday, November 4th, and I am thankful for snuggling with and reading to my three year old son.

3. breathe2travel profile image84

Today is Monday, November 7th, and I am thankful for open ears, eyes that envision, and a tender heart.

1. 0
        Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm thankful for life.

4. breathe2travel profile image84

Today is Tuesday, November 8th, and I am thankful that my husband rose with the children this morning and prepared them, sent them, and allowed me to sleep in... It had been a while, and being that I slept til 7:40, I must have needed it!

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I'm about to go Christmas shopping with my youngest daughter and youngest grandchild!

I love to shop -- and especially at the Holiday season. smile

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I give thanks all year so the thanksgiving feast is an added bonus of sharing good food and good friends...

4. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

My family and friends are the shining light in my life. I adore having family over for Thanksgiving. I was married last August and we couldn't find a house in time for Thanksgiving so this Thanksgiving will be our first together. I am so excited. That is what a home is for!

5. dtrunce profile image61
    dtrunceposted 5 years ago

That we have power.  Lots of people in the NE are still without it since last Saturday's noreaster!

I am thankful for electricity and running water, too! smile

6. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

My mother is going to be over from New Zealand this Thanksgiving.  Lots of fun smile

I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday and visit! smile

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We are going to the Grand Canyon amongst other things, I am *so* looking forward to this.

working