jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What's The Funniest/Best Christmas You've Ever Had?

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 4 years ago

Since we've shared many of our saddest stories on the other post, I think we all deserve to share some happy times.

The funniest thing that I can remember was actually the day before Christmas Eve in the mid 1980's. A local group were putting on a nativity play as part of the campaign for raising money for local groups. Anyway, the play was a hoot from start to finish.

Not only did the scenery keep collapsing onto the 'Holy Family', it actually knocked a lump out of the Baby Jesus's/doll's head! They obviously couldn't get hold of a decent doll either because one of the doll's eyes looked in the opposite direction from the other - a very bizzare experience when your trying to get into the frame of mind of accepting this doll as the baby Jesus!

At one point, an angel came on centre stage to say a poem or something, but in the background you could see 'Mary' and 'Joseph' having an argument! Near the end of the play we all thought that someone had fallen behind the crappy scenery, knocking it, as it began to wobble violently. As it turned out, no one had fallen, it was one of the shepherds and a 'wise man' having a punch up off stage!

I have never laughed so much in all my life - it was priceless and well worth the ticket price!

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

'Santa' had the flu one year and had to deliver the children's presents by crawling across the room - it seems funny now.

Seeker7posted 4 years ago in reply to this

LMAO!!!! Oh Poor Santa!!!lol

2. trust1 profile image61
      trust1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is not funny but it is .........

I agree:lol:!!!

3. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

One  of the funniest Xmas eve's I've ever had was when my brother brought his new girlfriend home to meet my mum and dad. My mum got the best China out and put on a spread. My dad was trying to impress, as usual. Near to the end of the evening my dad went to stand up to kiss Shirley (my brothers new girlfriend, who later became his wife) on the cheek to say goodbye. As he stood up his trousers fell down as he'd loosened his belt earlier on and forgot. He exposed his tartan boxer shorts and we all fell about laughing. Shirley was very embarrassed, however.

LMAO!!!! lol Isn't it just typical for Dad's to put their foot in it - especially when they try to look dignified! As for the tartan boxer shorts - lol