jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Black Friday for Yourself

1. Betty Reid profile image59
    Betty Reidposted 4 years ago

This Friday is Black Friday, the biggest Christmas shopping day of the year.  Are you buying anything for yourself?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, but if a financial semi-miracle were to happen between now and the end of the year, I'd be all over the after-Christmas sales.

2. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I fell in the driveway before leaving, badly bruising my hip and wrenching my arm.  Then was stuck at my husband's ex-job (picked up his last paycheck) for over an hour. It snowed see, and my tires are bald. I had to shovel myself out with a plastic cup...then I braved the masses of confused old peopel and crazed shoppers. (why IS christmas about giving people things you cant afford?) I found that many of the things on my grocery list were sold out, and many others the price had risen so I could not buy them. I am thankfull for the times I can buy the thigns for my children that they need. Whats this about buying myself something? I have a good friend who is a single mother of three, and she recently lost her job. If I get any spare pennies, I will most certianly be buying her some chocolates. smile 

ps, I hate black friday

2. laurathegentleman profile image85
    laurathegentlemanposted 4 years ago

Guilty as charged... Haha, the deals are so great, and if I see something I really want at a really good price, I have been known to buy myself something nice!! (Or I buy it and try to sell it to a family member to give me as a gift!)