jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Relattives, disagreements, and the holidays!

1. Libra Rajani profile image60
    Libra Rajaniposted 4 years ago

Holidays are for families and celebrating with the ones we love. However, most families deal with some type of family disagreement at one time or another. Some struggle with the disagreement throughout the entire year.
    Does the impending holiday force you to reevaluate the situation and soften your heart, or are you unaffected?
    Do you bury the hatchet for the holidays and continue the feud when they are over?

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Fortunately, my only close relatives now are my two wonderful daughters. Spending time with them is always a pleasure. We have never made a big deal of Christmas when we have been able to be together without anyone else and that probably contributes to it being a stress-free occasion. Since we are in that same happy situation this year, I have no fears of the holiday whatsoever.

I have had grim Xmas experiences in the past. Happily, I will never have to face them again. Should the time come when my daughters are too involved with other family over the period, I will most happily cancel Xmas, go away on my own to someplace warm where Xmas does not feature, and catch up with my girls on a more convenient occasion.

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

I have no family except for my daughters and a few ex-husbands, lol.  So I surround myself with people who I truly love, not just during the holidays, but throught the year.  I do think, however, that family disagreements should be resolved as quickly as possible.  If not, than they should be set aside during the holidays, not just for those involved, but for the sake of everyone in the family, so that all can enjoy a happy holiday season without all that family drama hanging over them.

1. Libra Rajani profile image60
      Libra Rajaniposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol, I totally agree. Some are stubborn and need some coaxing.