Creatures of Fright: Ghost Art, Halloween Poems and Ghost Stories
Ghastly, Ghostly Scary Art and Halloween Ghost Quotes
I must admit Halloween has got me writing about topics I usually do not touch. Ghosts been one of them. I confess I must be one of the biggest cowards on earth. I even got scared researching material for this hub. Right now that you are done laughing here is a halloween ghost poem and some "ghastly scary ghost art." It really was not smart of me to write this hub at night but I did, so I hope I sleep well.
Thirteen Halloween Ghost Quotes
1. Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with "scary," "spooky," "haunted," or "forbidden" in the title. ~From Scooby-Doo
2. One need not be a chamber to be haunted; One need not be a house; The brain has corridors surpassing Material place. ~Emily Dickinson
3. Just like a ghost, you've been a-hauntin' my dreams, So I'll propose on Halloween. Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you. ~Classics IV
4. Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to. ~Richard Harris Barham
5. If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost. ~Lloyd Douglas
6. True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen. ~Author Unknown
7. A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night. ~J.M. Barrie
8. You know, I’m beginning to understand why ghosts moan so in this sort of weather. ~Lester Cole in Return of the Invisible Man
9. Ghosts seem harder to please than we are; it is as though they haunted for haunting’s sake—much as we relive, brood, and smoulder over our pasts. ~Elizabeth Bowen
10. It is with true love as with ghosts and apparitions: every one talks of it, and scarcely any one has seen it. ~Duc De La Rochefoucauld François
11. You want to know whether I believe in ghosts. of course I do not believe in them. If you had known as many of them as I have you would not believe in them either. ~Don Marquis
12. As I was going up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there/He wasn't there again today...Oh, how I wish he'd go away. ~Anonymous
13. Ghosts were once people too. ~Anonymous
Ghost Art: Boo Scary
A Halloween Ghost Poem by Injete Chesoni
Spare A Thought for Troubled Ghosts on Halloween
On every Halloween
They come out in their ghostly sheen
Eerily dressed in silver white glows
Their faces masked in pale sorrow
They mourn and sway
And shriek the night away
Wailing because they cannot enjoy
the glories of day anymore
For they are ghostly souls
Doomed to glow
Only in the night
No longer for them
The pleasures of daylight
Their lot is cast
They are now creatures of fright
That pry this earth
In the darkness of night
Scaring all humankind.
And on Halloween
We mock their plight
As we dress up
And frolic in earthly delight
I am a ghost we say
With mock display
Dressed up in costumes
as we bob and sway
Ne’er sparing a thought
For the troubled souls
Who are trapped on this earth
As ghosts and ghouls
Ghosts in Art
The ghost art images used in this hub can be obtained free at Wikimedia.org or they can be bought as art posters at Amazon. You really didn't think a coward would be capable of writing a "scary ghost poem" or displaying "scary art," now did you?
Ghost Art: Coooooool Ghost
Ghost Art Posters and Halloween Posters
Ghost Art Stories: A Christmas Carol
Links to Halloween Ghost Stories and Poems
- Halloween Ghost Stories and Scary Tales
Halloween ghost stories and scary tales for frightening fun! Halloween is Here! www.halloweenishere.com
- Dark Scary Poems, Halloween Poems and Gothic Poems
An extensive collection of dark and creepy poetry, scary poems, gothic poems, and halloween inspired poems for when you are feeling dark and morbid
- A Scary Ghost Poem and Mystery Art
This scary poem was inspired by a mysterious metal art work piece and ghost stories of an old haunted coastal town.....
- Halloween Ghost Stories - What would Halloween be without a good Scare?
Halloween Ghost Stories - What would Halloween be without a Good Scare! Scary stories for your Halloween pleasure.
- Vintage Halloween Art Postcards, Halloween Poems and Quotes
A collection of short halloween poems, quotes and sayings some drawn from Vintage Halloween Postcards.
Famous Ghost Art: Ghostly Gauguin
Japanese Ghost Art: Buooootiful
Finally the "Ghostwriter" Rides Off into the Sunlight or is It Moonlight
Stern Bicycle Works Ghost Poster from Amazon.com
More by this Author
The one thing I appreciate most in my life is the blessing of a dear mother who has loved, supported and cared for me throughout the course of my life. There is nothing in this world quite like a mother's unconditional...
Thanksgiving, that special time of year when we get to spend a day feasting with our loved ones is here. While it is mostly a joyful holiday, thanksgiving can also be stressful especially for those who are hosting...
As mere mortals we are extremely uncomfortable with death. The thought of our own mortality terrifies us. However, much as we try to hide from death its presence constantly overshadows us. Lately we have been bombarded...