halloween crafts plastic spoon witch
plastic spoon witch
What you'll need to make your plastic spoon witch:
- Plastic spoon
- ½ sheet of lime green felt
- ½ sheet of purple felt
- 1 sheet of black felt
- ½ sheet tan felt
- Small scrap of white felt
- 1 lime green chenille stick
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- 1 miniature light green pom pom
- 10 miniature light purple pom poms
- 1 gold chenille stick
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Cut a square of lime green felt large enough to fold over and completely cover the top portion of the spoon. Set aside.
- Place spoon, round side facing down, on top of the green felt.
- Only the top section of the spoon will be wrapped, not the handle.
- Place a dot of hot glue onto the back of the spoon to tack it in place.
- Wrap the felt completely around the spoon top, gluing as you go, tucking and gluing ends of the felt into the back side of the spoon.
- Cut out two identical dresses from the black felt.
- Lay one on the work surface and place spoon on top, positioning it so the top of the handle lines up with the neck.
- Place the other dress directly on top and tack in place at the shoulders and neck area. DO NOT glue.
- Cut lime green chenille stick into four equal pieces.
- Fold each piece in half.
- Insert, open end inward so that loops are sticking out (these are the arms and legs) and glue in place.
- Now glue the rest of the dress together.
- Cut a strip of purple felt for the belt, wide enough to cover the waist area.
- Tack seams in the back.
- Cut a square from the black felt for the buckle.
- Cut a smaller square out of the center of the larger square and set the small piece aside to use on the hat.
- Glue buckle to the front of the belt.
- To make the hair, cut a four inch by three inch rectangle from purple felt.
- Use scissors to fringe one of the long sides.
- Tack to the back of the "head", lining up the center of the felt hair with the top third of the spoon.
- Wrap hair around the head and trim where needed.
- Glue in place. Note: You'll want to leave about a quarter-inch gap around the forehead area.
- Cut two identical hats from the black felt.
- Just as you did with the dress, lay one hat on the work surface, place the head on top and then arrange the second hat on top of the head.
- Line up hats and glue in place.
- Cut a skinny strip of purple felt out for the hat band and glue in place as you did with the dress belt.
- Glue the small black square you cut from the belt buckle to the center of the hat band.
- Add a necklace by piping some hot glue around the neckline of the dress and place light purple miniature pom-poms in place.
- Cut a small point nose from the lime green felt and glue just the large end of it to the center of the face so that the it sticks out a bit.
- Cut out a tiny strip of white felt and cut it into four small squares.
- Glue on for the mouth.
- Glue on a miniature green pom-pom near her chin to create a wart.
- Glue on two wiggle eyes.
- Cut an eight inch by three inch rectangle from the tan felt.
- Use scissors to fringe one end, about two inches inward.
- Roll up the felt to create the broom bristles and glue together as you roll.
- Insert gold chenille stems into the bottom end of the bristles and glue in place.
- Tie a thin strip around the base of the broom and trim the ends.
- Insert the bottom of the broom handle through the loop hand and down to the foot.
- Tack with glue to the hand and the foot.
No comments yet.