Preparing for a Birthday Party - Plan Ahead For the Perfect Birthday Party!
Preparing for a Birthday Party - Countdown Let's Go!
When preparing for a Birthday party there are certain birthday party things, must be in place for the party to turn out the way you want it on that big day.
Birthday parties are events that excites adults and even children, especially if its a surprise Birthday party for a particular individual.
But in order to have the best Birthday party ever, planning ahead of time is the key ingredient of having a successful birthday party.
You don't want to be doing stuff last minute, running here and there, meeting up with obstacles or disappointments, not able to have the venue you want, activities, entertainment etc. because you didn't plan ahead of time.
Therefore planning ahead of time is well worth doing to eliminate any additional stress and disappointments and I know certainly that is the very last thing you want on that day or just hours away from the birthday party.
My desire is to provide helpful tips to assist, organizing and to ensure all planning is put in place for the big day.
Preparing For A Birthday Party
Below I have compiled a countdown to do list of birthday party things, starting from a month away to the very last hour before the set party time.
Enjoy and all the best in your Birthday party planning!
Countdown - One Month Before Birthday Party
Select a Birthday party theme and a location in which you are planning to host the party, whether its your home or someone else home, church hall, park, restaurant, recreation center etc.
If you choose to host it outside of your home at a certain venue, you'll need to call and make reservations so it can be available for the date and time of the Birthday party.
Decide and make a list of how many people you'd like to invite at the Party.
Make a list of who you'd like to help you at the party and ask them if they'd be available to assist you on that date and time.
- If you are planning to have an entertainer at the party now is the time to book it, because other people are booking them for their parties, so make sure and book way in advance of the party, so you won't be disappointed of not having an entertainer.
- Now is the time to decide if you are planning to make your own Pinata or party favors etc. and if your decision is to do it yourself, the time is right to contact a friend or family member or anyone you know who is very creative and good at making these things. Let them know you'll need their help and you all can make plans on the right day and time.
- Mail out Birthday invitations, which will give the invitees ample time to put your birthday party date into their schedule.
Countdown - 3 Weeks Before Birthday Party
This is the perfect time to make any necessary transportation arrangements to and from the location of the party, this way you won't have any last minute cancellations just because someone didn't have a ride.
- If you are planning to make
your own pinata or home made Birthday party favors, now is the time to do it yourself and put them safely away.
Countdown - 2 Weeks Before Birthday Party
Purchase birthday party decorations or make your own party decorations.
- Purchase birthday party supplies; birthday party packs, table cloth, plates, cups, napkins, balloons, candles, baking supplies if you're planning to bake your own Birthday cake, or cupcakes etc.
- Make your own costumes, if you are planning to do it yourself.
Look for Birthday party games online or purchase a book of Birthday party games and make a list of selection of games you'd like to have at the party. Always plan for extra games, most of the time everyone is having so much fun and they'll be calling for more games.
- Choose your Birthday party music that you'd like to play at the party.
Countdown - 1 Week Before Birthday Party
Confirm RSVP for the party, before going out to shop for food supplies.
If you're planning to make your own party food, this will be a good time to purchase all your non-perishable ingredients.
- Purchase ready-made birthday party favors and prizes for games.
- Also buy ice-breakers; crafts, games or small toys etc.
- Buy candies for pinata.
Countdown - 3 Days Before Birthday Party
Select party clothes or party costume if you want the outfit to suit the Birthday party theme you're throwing for your son or daughter.
- Bake birthday cake if planning to do it yourself, if your kids are big enough, let them help you when making the cake so they can feel apart of their Birthday cake.
- If you're planning to order a birthday cake, you can go to your bakery and select the Birthday cake you like.
- Purchase Cake Topper and Birthday candles if you didn't purchase it with the party supplies.
Countdown - 2 Days Before Birthday Party
Foods that can go in the freezer, day 2 is a good day to make it.
- Gift wrap all prizes for Birthday party games.
- Wrap party favors.
- Prepare first aid kit, you never know what accidents can occur.
Countdown - 1 Day Before Birthday Party
- Buy all your perishable food for the party.
- Fill the pinata with candies.
Make crafts for ice-breakers.
- Last thing you do for the day is decorate
the house and party table. I suggest doing it in the night time.
Countdown - 8 Hours Before Birthday Party
Arrange seating for the guests.
- Prepare the games and things needed for the games.
- Set up area or table for ice-breaker crafts of games for kids.
Countdown 4- 5 Hours Before Birthday Party
Start cooking food and preparing drinks.
Countdown - 2 Hours Before Birthday Party
- Blow up balloons
- Decorate chair for birthday boy or girl if you planning to have a special chair for them to sit.
- Put a birthday party sign in the yard and balloons on the mailbox or on your front door so guests can find the party venue easier.
Countdown - 1 Hour Before Birthday Party
Set the table and layout foods, snacks, non-perishable desserts and party wares, Birthday Cake etc.
Set up gifts table, if you're planning to have one.
- Also put game prizes in separate place away from the gifts table, but easy accessible to you for when someone wins a prize.
You are done! Now its time to get ready for your party and have some fun ;)
I will like to wish you all the best in preparing for a birthday party!
Thanks for stopping by and take care.
Please leave me a comment, let me know if this is helpful, I'd love to hear from you.
Don't forget to vote up, by clicking the vote up button below.
All the best!
Other Birthday Categories
- Birthday Themes Ideas to Throw the Best Birthday Party Ever!
Planning a Birthday Party, for your son or daughter, not sure which Birthday Themes to use? Dont worry here you will find great birthday party theme ideas and all your needs to get your birthday party...
- US & British Monthly Birth Flowers
Apart from Birth stones there are also symbolic monthly birth flowers that's carded for every month and each birth flower also comes with a symbolic meaning. Flowers carries its own language, sentiments and...
- Birthstones By Month for Traditional, Modern, Mystical & Ayurvedic Birthstones
Since ancient times Birthstones (gemstones) have been believed by ancients to possess powers of healings, protection, success, good luck, affections, good overall health etc. There are four birthstones...
More by this Author
Do you know your Anniversary Gemstones and Meanings? Gemstones carries powers that; protect the wearer, aid in healing diseases, brings good luck, success, prosperity, health and many more powers.