Valentine's Day Flowers and Chocolates Online Gifts
Valentines Day Gifts and Traditions
What is Love and Valentines Day Traditions
What is Love?
Valentine’s day, the 14th of February, lover’s day, a day to show the one you love how much you love them, maybe by giving them a gift of red roses or chocolates or even heart shaped chocolates. What is love? Love is a feeling! Love is warm! Love is comfort!
Love is happiness! Love is a smile! Love is supportive! Love is.... Valentine’s day is one of the major holidays in the U.S.A. and has become or been made into! a commercial success. Valentine’s day is celebrated each year on the 14th of February.
It is a day for lovers, friends and family to share and show their love for each other.
The Traditions of Valentines Day February 14th
The day traditionally observed as being for lovers is Valentine’s Day on 14th February, a time when those romantically inclined or hopeful of romance exchange gifts and cards.
Mid-February has been associated with young love since the time of the Greeks and Romans. The Romans held their lupercalian fertility rites in honour of Juno. The goddess of women and marriage, while the Greek goddess was known as Hera.
The Christian church, however, linked this time with Saint Valentine who was executed in 269 AD for holding weddings for young soldiers against the Emperor Claudius’s edict. (The emperor believed marriage would impair their fighting spirit).
Valentines Flowers and Chocolate buy online
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India Home to The Taj Mahal
I Love Love
Modern Day Customs For Valentine's Day
The modern day customs for people include giving the one you love a greetings card, known as a valentine’s card. Traditionally it is sent to the one you love, your boyfriend or girlfriend wife or husband to let them know how much they mean to you.
They may also be sent to a friend or family member to let them know how much they mean to you and to show your love for them. Valentines cards are traditionally romantic with ‘love poems’ or ‘love quotations’ written inside to express your feelings towards each other. They can also be humorous depending on the individual.
The giving of flowers, usually red roses and chocolates are the most popular Valentine’s day gifts to give or receive on Valentine’s day. Heart shaped chocolates or even heart shaped biscuits or cakes would be another choice of gifts for your loved ones. The other most popular gift would be jewellery, whether for a man or a lady. These gifts and valentines cards sometimes are given anonymously by a ‘Secret admirer’ but mostly they are given by coupes to each other.
Greatest Marriage Proposal Ever
Valentines Day Cards buy online
Valentine's Day Card's
Valentine’s day has been around for a long time. The valentine’s card spread with Christianity, and is now celebrated all over the world.
One of the earliest valentines was sent in 1415 AD by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife during his imprisonment in the Tower of London. The card is now preserved in the British Museum.
Deep As The Rose Is Red
I'll give you my heart; I'll open it up,
Will you listen to its small still voice?
For soft and quiet my heart will speak
To the one I'll call my wife.
Did you hear it dear? Did you listen well?
Do you understand what it said?
For deep is the love that it speaks to you,
Deep as the rose is red.
So, take my heart and treat it well
And forever in this life,
Come walk with me, your hand in mine,
The one I'll call my wife.
Non-Stop Love Songs
What is Love?
What makes a weak man brave
And a king step off his throne
Good times, bad times
Easy times, tough times
It comes in an instant
And lasts three days after forever
That's what love is.
What I Love About You
The sparkle in your eye,
The warmth of your skin.
Your breath on my neck,
That quivers within.
The touch of your hand,
The smell of your hair.
The kindness in your smile,
That strength in your stare.
Your kiss on my lips,
Your body near mine.
The stroke of your touch,
That feeling inside.
The sound of your voice,
Compassion in your embrace.
The serenity in your stride,
The power in your face.
The calming of your presence,
The beating of your heart.
The promise of tomorrow,
That we may never part.
The beauty of your kiss,
and that magic in your touch.
It is for all these reasons and more,
Why I love you so much.
Buy Your Engagement Ring Online With Amazon
- "There is a time for work. And a time for love. That leaves no other time." - Coco Chanel
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
- While loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu
- "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller
- "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." - Mae West
- "Marriage is one of the few institutions that allow a man to do as his wife pleases." - Milton Berle
- "There will be sex after death, we just won't be able to feel it." - Lily Tomlin
- "Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." - Mark Twain
Beautiful Love Quotes
Buy engagement rings online for Valentines Day
More Love Quotes
- "Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy, you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain
- "Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat." - Joanne Woodward
- "I am in love - and, my God, it is the greatest thing that can happen to a man. I tell you, find a woman you can fall in love with. Do it. Let yourself fall in love. If you have not done so already, you are wasting your life." - D. H. Lawrence
- "Maybe love is like luck. You have to go all the way to find it." - Robert Mitchum
- "The vulnerability of opening your heart fully and deeply to another is terrifying, but at a point in my 50s, I realized that I had to step up to the plate." - Jane Fonda
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." - Herman Hesse
- "All that you are, all that I owe to you, justifies my love." - Marquis de Lafayette
- "Thou art to me a delicious torment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "If you would be loved, love and be lovable." - Benjamin Franklin
- "And in the end, the love you take Is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon and Paul McCartney
The Royal Wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William
Happy Valentines Day
Wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy and loveable Valentine’s Day on February 14th and I hope that you receive your special Valentine’s Day card and gift from the one you love.
Don't forget to give out some love on February 14th, Valentine’s Day to the people you love or by sending them a Valentines card full of love poems and quotes and maybe even some red roses and chocolates.
There is still plenty of time for you to make those heart shaped chocolates and biscuits for your loved one. She/he would love that personnel touch I know I would.
You could even just spend some quality time with your loved ones on Valentine’s Day away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Sometimes a little quality time alone can speak volumes in a relationship especially if you, like most people, have a busy lifestyle.
- Walking in The Phoenix Park among the Trees Flowers and Deer
I love to spend my spare time walking in the Phoenix Park here in Dublin, Ireland and looking out for garlic and wild flowers amongst the trees. The Phoenix Park is a great place to spend time in.
- Recipes for Healthy Pasta Meals with Homemade Chocolate Cake and Ice-cream to Follow
Easy to follow healthy garlic pasta dishes, tomato pasta sauce, Italian meatballs, followed by homemade chocolate cake and homemade ice cream. The health benefits of garlic in your daily diet.
- Recipes for a Healthy Heart with Quick and Easy Pasta Meals
Quick and easy garlic spaghetti recipes for your families’ health. Garlic and the health benefits for your cholesterol levels and a healthy heart. Pasta dishes easy to cook and healthy for you, smell and taste the freshness of homemade garlic pasta m
More by this Author
Visit Graceland and celebrate Elvis Aaron Presley week 1th-17th August 2013. The King of Rock and Roll. Listen to some of Elvis's songs, Jailhouse rock, My Way, Crying in the Ghetto and many more.
The giving of Easter Eggs is a tradition going back hundreds of years marking the end of Lent which for many chocolate lovers is a welcome relief. Buy Online Chocolate Easter eggs for Easter Sunday.
Follow the step by step instructions on how to apply acrylic nails correctly. Learn how to become a good nail technician. Study up on nail anatomy so as not to cause harm to your natural nail.