Vintage Halloween Art Postcards, Halloween Poems and Quotes
Combining Vintage Art and Halloween Poems
Halloween is one of the most enjoyable holidays for creative people. They can indulge their creative side with wild halloween costumes, spooky halloween decorations, pumpkin carving and other halloween arts and crafts. From a creative perspective halloween is my favorite holiday. I recently discovered vintage halloween art and collectibles. My personal favorites are vintage halloween art postcards that combine both vintage art and halloween poems or sayings. In this hub I share some vintage halloween posters which are developed from vintage postcards. I have also included some halloween quotes and poems which you can add to halloween greeting cards.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence, As though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...~Nicholas Gordon, poemsforfree.com
Vintage Halloween Postcards
Vintage Halloween Art Postcards with Poems
I love vintage halloween art postcards for a couple of reasons. First and foremost for the old style, relatively unique halloween art on them but more so for the interesting halloween poems and quotes that you find written on some of them. Vintage halloween postcards including the one portrayed on the right can be found at Zazzle.com. I have also included halloween posters and art prints below that are created from vintage halloween art images.
The Vintage Halloween Postcard on the right reads:
At twelve o'clock you must be ready,
and hold your pumpkin good and steady
For by it's rays of candlelight
On Halloween all things are bright!
Vintage Halloween Posters with Poems
Vintage Halloween Posters with Poems and Halloween Sayings
See below for the halloween poems and sayings from the vintage halloween posters displayed on the right. All of these posters were created from vintage halloween postcards.
Halloween Poster and Poem: Vintage Postcard Black Cat
of course may mean,
Things very weird and ghost like;
I wish it meant an evening spent
With you, - that's what I'd most like.
Halloween Poster and Poem: Vintage Postcard Precautions White Owl
To see a White Owl on Hallowe'en
Is a sign the witches are near
Throw a bottle of ink at his head
And all are sure to disappear
Halloween Poster and Poem: Vintage Postcard October 31st Pumpkin Man
This is the nicht o' Hallowe'en
When a' the witchie may be seen
Halloween Poster and Poem: Vintage Postcard Pumpkin Embrace
Even these pumpkin heads
Share our bliss,
For on Hallowe'en
See them hug and kiss.
Halloween Poster and Poem: Vintage Postcard Sexy Vain Witch
For Ways that are Dark
and tricks that are vain
Halloween Poster and Poem: Vintage Pumpkin Kimono Strange Lady
Strange Sights Are Seen
Links to Halloween Poems, Scary Poems and Halloween Sayings
- Creatures of Fright: Ghostly Art, Halloween Poems and Ghost Stories
Hub featuring ghost art pictures, halloween ghost poems and links to scary ghost stories.
- Scary Ghost Poem and Mystery Art
This scary poem was inspired by a metal art work piece of a woman with a veiled face. There was something haunting and mysterious about the art piece...
- Scary Poems and Halloween Poems
An extensive collection of dark and creepy poetry, scary poems, gothic poems, and halloween inspired poems for when you are feeling dark and morbid
- Funny Scary Poems
- Halloween Poems by Children
- Funny Halloween Sayings from CraftSayings.com
A hundred or so sayings for Halloween
- Halloween Quotes, Sayings, Poems, Verses
Quotations for Halloween, from The Quote Garden.
Halloween Quotes, Verses and Sayings
1. Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown
2. Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, Tonight is Halloween!" ~Dexter Kozen
3. May Jack-o-lanterns burning bright Of soft and golden hue, Pierce through the future’s veil and show, What fate now holds for you. ~Author Unknown
4. You wouldn't believe, On All Hallow Eve, What lots of fun we can make, With apples to bob, And nuts on the hob, And a ring-and-thimble cake. ~Carolyn Wells
5. Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble. ~Shakespeare "Macbeth"
6. On Halloween, witches come true; Wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park....~Nicholas Gordon, poemsforfree.com
7. Hark! Hark to the wind! 'Tis the night, they say, When all souls come back from the far away- The dead, forgotten this many a day! ~Virna Sheard
8. Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days. ~Author Unknown
9. From ghoulish and ghosties and long leggety beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us! ~Scottish saying
10. On Hallowe'en the thing you must do, Is pretend that nothing can frighten you, An' if somethin' scares you, and you want to run, Jus' let on like it's Hallowe'en fun. ~from an Early Nineteenth Century Halloween Postcard
You can find more short halloween poems and quotes here.
Vintage Halloween Decorations and Collectibles
More by this Author
Thanksgiving, that special time of year when we get to spend a day feasting with our loved ones is here. While it is mostly a joyful holiday, thanksgiving can also be stressful especially for those who are hosting...
The one thing I appreciate most in my life is the blessing of a dear mother who has loved, supported and cared for me throughout the course of my life. There is nothing in this world quite like a mother's unconditional...
Relationship break-ups are so hard to get over. They come laden with so much pain, self-loathing, guilt and numerous other negative emotions. Initially we are convinced that we will never get over the break-up and that...