10 Creative Writing Test Questions That Will Blow Your Mind
So you love your job as a creative writer. Every writer does and if it’s your hobby, then that’s a plus point. But your strengths and weaknesses as a writer are put on real test when you are looking for a change and go for a creative writing job interview. There, you may encounter really weird questions that you may have never heard in your lifetime. As the new organization is hiring you as a creative writer, they will test each and every creative part of you as a writer. So below is a list of 10 mind blowing creative writing test questions that will challenge your deepest core as a writer:
1. What inspires a photographer to shoot photographs of a snow valley in 100 words?
2. Explain the famous non-vegetarian recipe “Butter Chicken” to an alien (in a few words)
3. Write a 300-word sales review article on a “Car That Runs On Human Excreta”. The article will be published on an online car sales portal.
4. Describe the color “yellow“ to a born-blind person in 100 words?
5. You have no car, no cash, no credit cards and you have to spend a day in London. Write a 400-word article on how you will do that.
6. Write a senior sales executive job advertisement to be published in a major newspaper. The organization hiring for this position is located in a remote area where there is no transportation facility. The only way to reach there is walking for 30 minutes. Also, this organization is located in an area where electricity comes only from 0800 hours to 0830 hours and 0600 hours to 0630 hours on a daily basis.
7. Explain the “Benefits of Twitter” to people who have never heard about it? (200 words)
8. How a sales page writer can capture buyer’s attention?
9. Write a creative writing test with 3 unique questions? The questions should be totally original (not written or copied from anywhere else, online or offline).
10. Write a poem in 20 lines on how you feel about this creative writing test?
I encountered the above 10 questions in a recent creative writing interview for a senior job position, and these questions have blown my mind away. The most ironic part about the whole interview process was that, “I got this test after waiting for 7 hours empty stomach”. Now you can feel how challenging it had been for me to answer these mind-blowing questions. I was given a test sheet, 6 blank sheets, and 60 minutes to answer these questions. Below the test paper, it was written, “I will not wish you luck for this writing test but I wish that you will attempt these questions in the most creative manner”. For me, these 10 questions were amazingly challenging and I loved them.
Now, if you think you are an excellent creative writer, then be honest with yourself and write down the answers to the above 10 questions in the comment section below without taking help of any online or offline resources (worldwide web or books, magazines, encyclopedias, etc.) I am sure you will find one or two questions on the Internet but rest of the questions will be totally unique for you. And if you have encountered any unique test questions like these, please share them here with other published authors and also aspiring writers. Best of luck for your creative endeavors.
More by this Author
If you want to experience ultimate thrill, adventure, and a day full of excitement and fun, then Adventure Island, Rohini, is the best place in Delhi.
If you are overburdened with your longstanding credit card debt, fed up of receiving harassing phone calls by your credit card issuing bank, want to get rid of debt collectors who threaten you at your home and office on...
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.