10 Reasons Readers don't leave Comments on Hubs or Articles
Have you ever wondered why some people don't leave comments on Hubs or Articles? Here are some reasons:
1) There is too much hassle. In some, you have to select where you are commenting from e.g google / twitter or other. Then, you write the comment and then have to type in 2 words the computer asks you and sometimes people can’t be bothered to try a second time, if it doesn’t work. That includes me.
2) It wasn’t really interesting or captivating. An interesting article will provoke a lot of comments. Example: Who should wear the Trousers in a Marriage? (No, I haven’t got such a Hub) but I assure you, if I read that Hub in a dream, I would type the answer in the dream before I wake up. (◕‿◕)
3) They took time to write a very long comment from their heart and somehow, the computer lost it or they pressed a wrong key. In such cases, even I wouldn’t be able to remember what I wrote – so what I wrote in one paragraph would now be 3 words. “Thanks for sharing.”
4) No response / acknowledgement to earlier comments they posted. So, why should they bother?
5) It’s too personal or Traumatic and they just don’t know how to find the words. Example: when someone has lost a family member or it’s about something traumatic. Someone’s brother got bitten by a Shark?! Most readers will be in the "Oh My God! zone" and if you have another article, they would rather read that and comment. (That's not to say we shouldn't write such articles, a few might still comment)
6) They forget. They might have read it but maybe had to attend to a child with the thought of replying later.
7) Not confident in writing English, as it might be their second language and they don’t want to embarrass themselves.
8) They are afraid of what others will think of them. Example Hubs on Gay Marriages etc. those who are against it, will not comment because they will be seen as Homophobic.
9) Low views. This can be dealt with by sharing it on Social Networks – it will attract more readers who might comment and also - take time to comment on other peoples' Hubs and Articles - They will most likely return the compliment.
10) Hubpages or your website Unpublished it, due to duplication or "a virus."
Experiment? Look at your Hub(s) or Article(s) with the most comments. It/they will give you an idea of why you have so many comments.
Thanks for reading.
More by this Author
Poem about Love that Lasts.
A Poem - If everyone had a Money Tree. What difference it would make to the World. Aug 2010.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.