17 Quotes about Gratitude and Thankfulness
Gratitude is a powerful force in the universe that brings abundant blessings into our lives. The greatest wealth man can have is the wealth of health, love, joy, and gratitude. Gratitude is not something we do in response to something good that happens to us, but is a state of being. This hub is a collection of my favorite quotes about gratitude and thankfulness.
Be grateful for the gift of life! Do not worry and be anxious about what you will wear.
"Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?"
- “Gratitude is the best attitude.” – Unknown
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” - Marcel Proust
- “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice” – Meister Eckhart
- “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” – William A. Ward
Thank you God for the gift of life that You bless us with. Thank you for the many special people in our lives. Give us the grace to always be thankful and have an attitude of gratitude in sunshine, in rain, in bad times and in good times, in sickness, in hunger, in poverty, in riches, in lack, in abundance, in small things, in big things.
- “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” - Alphonse Karr
- “When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins
- “Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” — Denis Waitley
Thank you for the society in which I live, my culture, tradition and way of life. I appreciate the the people around me whom I can show my gratitude to and receive appreciation from. I am grateful of all the people in my life. I do not take them for granted but appreciate them for who they are.
There is a saying that what goes around comes around. That is very true. When we love and appreciate the people in our lives and around us, the same will come back to us. It is the principal of nature that we reap what we sow. If we sow gratitude and thankfulness, we reap gratitude and thankfulness.
Sometimes it can be so difficult to be grateful and thankful when we go through heartbreaking situations. You can find some great quotes of gratitude and thankfulness online apart from the few I quoted here. Appreciate and love yourself, for it is difficult to love your neighbor if you don't love yourself.
- "Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul" - Henry Ward Beecher
- “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” — Christiane Northrup
- "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." --Oprah Winfrey
- “Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The daily practice of gratitude is one of the conduits by which your wealth will come to you.” – Wallace Wattles
"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin,.....if God so clothes the grass of the field,....will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" - The Bible.
Be grateful for what you have!
Be grateful for all the material things that you are blessed with. Money that pays for food and water for survival, a beautiful home that provides shelter from the heat, cold and rain, cars for mobility. Be thankful for all things and in all circumstances.
- “Rejoice Always.” –The Bible
- “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” –The Bible
- “Pleasant words are like honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.” –The Bible
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.”— Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”— Brian Tracy
I am grateful for the air that I breathe, the trees and plants that produce oxygen, the trees that provide shade from the sun, the cool ocean breeze, the mighty mountains, the rivers, the waterfalls and the beautiful beaches.
Sometimes, we get caught up in the fast-paced life that we do not appreciate nature and all that is around us. Being still for about 5 minutes to appreciate everyone and everything around us will bring joy.
Start each day with the word THANK YOU and close your eyes in the night with the same and experience the power of gratitude in your life.
More by this Author
Galip Nut, Canarium Indicum, is a highly nutritious tropical nut eaten for thousands of years. This hub is about galip nut.
How much is your domain name worth? Don't waste your money on a paid appraisal. Appraise your own domain names for free. Five of the best services online described in detail here.
Find out the laxative nature of coconut water and how you can avoid having loose bowel when consuming too much coconut water.