20 Signs You've Become a Party Pooper
When the Invites Begin to End
You used to be the life of the party. The phone was constantly ringing off the hook. You were getting invited to parties, dates, picnics, hoedowns, and more. You thought the party would never end. But one day, it did.
The voicemail messages vanished. The invitations disappeared. People stopped bothering to even send email or Facebook invites. Where did the parties go? Surely, not everyone has stopped having fun. So what happened?
My friend, maybe you have become something you never imagined - a party pooper! Gasp! Yes, it can strike at anytime. You've been coasting through life thinking you were laidback and amusing. You thought everyone was dying to hang out with you. The harsh realization that you've become a party pooper can be difficult to accept. Please, stop weeping.
If you have any doubts about your new status as "party pooper," I've created a helpful list for you. Please check it out:
20 Signs You've Become a Party Pooper
- You go to picnics and point out the large number of flies swarming the area. You start to kill the flies over top of the table and don't even notice the dead flies going into the food.
- Your friends want to go for a walk on the sand at the beach, but you don't want to do so since the sand is all "dirty and icky."
- Someone says they have Bieber Fever and you ask if they are taking antibiotics for it.
- You like to play "Guess that Weight" at the pool party. You tend to overestimate quite a bit.
- At baby showers, you like to play "Guess the Father." I don't think I need to elaborate on that one.
- Someone asks you out on a date, but you have to get home early to watch America's Got Talent.
- You like to dress up like a clown when attending children's parties. Yes, that is all. Dressing like a clown makes you an automatic party pooper.
- You are invited to a dinner party and you happen to mention how all the food smells like feet.
- You constantly turn down invitations to parties and other events because your cat Ms. Betsy misses you too much when you are gone.
- While at the zoo, you mention how you would like to cook and serve each animal. The story about sauteing the giraffe is especially disturbing.
- Your friends want to go bowling, but you sit it out because the bowling bowl is kind of heavy.
- You insist you can handle riding the roller coaster, but you throw up every time.
- You insist you can handle a lot of alcohol, but you throw up every time.
- You insist you can handle violent, bloody horror flicks, but you throw up every time. (I hope you are seeing the pattern on this one!)
- Someone tries to start a line dance at a party, but you trip everyone.
- It's a Hawaiian party, but you refuse to wear a lei. You also don't like Hawaiian shirts and you won't even try on the grass skirt.
- You go to a dinner party, eat all the food, and leave. This one is not so funny - it is just simply truthful.
- You take your shoes off at your friends home and you haven't changed your socks in days.
- You refuse to go out past 7 in the evening since you feel a little "snoozy" at about that time.
- You leave unpleasant comments under someone's lighthearted (and hopefully fun) hub. Hmmmm...
You Don't Have to be a Party Pooper...
Party Pooper Poll
Have you ever been a party pooper?See results without voting
Even More Helpful Hubs...
- 20 Signs You are Staying at a Bad Motel
It is the time of year to start planning some vacations. If you are planning to stay at a motel, do yourself a favor and put some research into it. After all, you don't want to stay at a terrible place. You can read
- 20 Signs You Have a Terrible Roommate
How do you know if you and your roommate simply do not get along or if you have an awful roommate? Check out the 20 Signs You Have a Terrible Roommate.
- 20 Signs You Need to Start Looking for a New Job
Think you need to leave your job? How about a helpful list? You can read the 20 signs you need to start looking for a new job and decide if it's time to go.
- 20 Signs the Blind Date is Not Going Well
Blind dates are certainly stressful. Sometimes you wonder if your friends actually hate you considering the person they think you should date. Beware of the 20 signs the blind date is not going well!
More by this Author
Every now and then you need to be entertained at your apartment. What better way to do that than torturing your neighbors?
Public restrooms are bad enough even in the best circumstances. It is in your best interest to learn polite restroom manners. If you are a lady, you should read Women's Public Restroom Etiquette 101.
Living in a haunted house doesn't have to be a bad experience. Before you attempt to kick out a ghost, try being friends with your new ghostly roommate instead.