25 Fun Words to Say
Who doesn't love some good word fun? I always enjoy using words that are fun to say. It helps to make your conversations more interesting, and also gives you the opportunity to expand the vocabulary of those around you. Here is a list of 25 words that will make your daily conversations a it more colorful. I hope that you enjoy them, and have fun using them throughout the day!
- Anthropomorphize - to attribute human form or personality to things not human
- Antidisestablishmentarianism - opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church
- Boondoggle - an unnecessary activity or wasteful expenditure
- Bugaboo - something that causes baseless fear or worry; also, a false belief used to intimidate
- Dilapidated - decayed, deteriorated, or fallen into partial ruin especially through neglect or misuse
- Dipsomania - uncontrollable craving for alcohol
- Discombobulated – upset, confused
- Donnybrook - a brawl or heated public dispute
- Factotum - employee or assistant who does just about everything
- Fernticle – freckle
- Fugacious - fleeting, transitory; difficult to capture
- Globular – having the shape of a globe or globule
- Katzenjammer - a loud, discordant noise; also, a hangover; also, a state of depression or bewilderment
- Miasma - a noxious atmosphere or influence; unpleasant or unwholesome air
- Mundungus - stinky tobacco
- Omphaloskepsis - contemplation of one's navel
- Phantasmagorical - characterized by fantastic imagery
- Placebo - a harmless substance given as medicine, usually to humor a patient
- Popinjay - a talkative and conceited person
- Puckeroo - useless, broken
- Snollygoster - a shrewd, unprincipled person
- Squabash - to crush with criticism
- Verisimilitude - something that merely seems to be true or real
- Vicarious - characteristic of feelings or emotions felt or shared imaginatively through the feelings or emotions of another person
- Vicissitude - a change of circumstances affecting one's life
And there you have it, 25 words to add some color to your conversations. I hope you enjoyed this fun vocabulary lesson, and I am looking forward to sharing some more of my favorite words in the future.
More by this Author
Fun explainations for common household phenomenon!
A completely innocent, but fun, vocabulary lesson!
A brief tour of the most commonly used religious symbols, and what they mean to those who use them.