36 Famous Quotes on Change
Change is inevitable. Change happens to us all the time. Change affects our life, family, work and financial position. A company director once told me that the only constant in this world is change. And when listening to the radio, I heard the phrase - Change is like a road that never end. Someone very dear to me once said: “We cannot change the weather but we can change our mood”. Hence, I have compiled some of the famous quotes on CHANGE to help us manage changes in our lives.
- We change, whether we like it or not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. ~Harold Wilson
- The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. ~Alan Watts
- If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit
- When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. ~Victor Frankl
- There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in travelling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place. ~WashingtonIrving
- When you are through changing, you are through. ~Bruce Barton
- The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down go up and those who were up go down. ~Jawaharlal Nehru
- Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities. ~John C. Maxwell
- After you've done a thing the same way for two years, look it over carefully. After five years, look at it with suspicion. And after ten years, throw it away and start all over. ~Alfred Edward Perlman
- There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. ~Winston Churchill
- They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom. ~Confucius
- Change always comes bearing gifts. ~Price Pritchett
- If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies. ~Author Unknown
- The key to change... is to let go of fear. ~Rossane Cash
- We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves. ~Lynn Hall
- Change starts when someone sees the next step. ~William Drayton
- If you want to truly understand something, try to change it. ~Kurt Lewin
- Our only security is our ability to change. ~John Lilly
- All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow
- The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance. ~Nathaniel Branden
- Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~Pauline R. Kezer
- It's the most unhappy people who most fear change. ~Mignon McLaughlin
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. ~Maria Robinson
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. ~Author unknown
- Be the change you want to see in the world. ~Mahatma Gandhi
We must become the change we want to see. ~Mahatma Gandhi
- A scholar who loves comfort is not fit to be called a scholar. ~Confucius
- Those who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history. ~Joan Wallach Scott
- Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become. ~Author Unknown
- God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. ~Reinhold Niebuhr
- Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. ~Arnold Bennett
- Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly. ~Francis Bacon
- Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are. ~Bertold Brecht
- Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted. ~Author Unknown
- Keep constantly in mind in how many things you yourself have witnessed changes already. The universe is change, life is understanding. ~Marcus Aurelius
- Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. ~Barack Obama
Thank you for taking the time to read these quotes. And remember CHANGE is happening as you are reading this hub. Allow me to end this compilation by saying: Change is the essence of existence.
Comments 14 comments
What is your state of mind on Change?See results without voting
- 36 Ancient Chinese Quotes
The Chinese Culture is one of the oldest and most complex in the world. Record keeping of the Chinese Culture began during the Zhou Dynasty which dated back more than 3,000 years ago. Due to the complexity of...
- Healthy Living: Quotes For Positive Thinking
Thinking positively can change your entire life. It is a key to success in every aspect of life. Positive thoughts help develop an optimistic attitude towards everything.
- Young Neighbourhood: Power Up Your Life
Boost Your Positive Thinking! Always use positive words while thinking and talking. Use words such as, I can, I am able, it is possible, it can be done, etc.
Reading on CHANGE
More by this Author
There is so much wisdom in ancient Chinese Proverbs. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Chinese Calligraphy is slowly becoming a lost art.
A list of simplified ancient Chinese Quotes for easy understanding. These ancient Chinese Quotes will still be applicable to our daily lives.
Homemade Tiramisu recipe. Fun & Easy.