5 Steps To Becoming a Successful Online Content Writer
Here Are The Steps
Content writing for the web can be very different than writing for print. Traditional, hardcopy publications are much more flexible when it comes to the length and verbosity that one can use according to one’s writing style.
Online content writing, however, is a slightly different animal. When writing for an online magazine, you should keep in mind the following points:
1) Pick a niche: Nowadays, you can find information about almost everything on the internet. Any question you may have can easily be answered with a quick Google search. This is because most topics have been covered many times over by other writers who came before you.
But there are niches that still exist that you may be able to exploit. A niche is essentially a focused topic within the general framework of a larger subject. For example, if you like books and you wish to write about them, you must first realize that there are many millions of articles written about books on the internet, but there might be fewer articles written about “Fantasy novels” and even fewer articles written about “Leather Bound Fantasy Novels.”
2) Research: In this day and age the “R” word does not cause the same level of dread and disdain that it used to in earlier times. Nowadays, research is fairly easy. You don’t need to go to a library, risk the wrath of the surly librarian and get an allergy attack sifting through dusty tomes to find the information you need.
Just go online and pull up some articles. Read them through, form an opinion, add some value and create your own piece. If you have taken an idea from another article make sure to credit them properly.
3) Write: Use a numbered list. Keep your sentences short.
4) Publish: Use HubPages to publish your own work or a website such as elance.com to get freelance writing gigs.
5) Marketing: Now this is a whole new subject. Marketing can be very time consuming and complicated and is beyond the scope of this particular piece. I do plan to write a few hubs on this subject alone and you can find bits and pieces of advice all over the internet.
More by this Author
Do Not Buy Fair Look Cream! It Has No Scientific Backing, is Racist and Perpetuates a Dangerous Stereotype! I am sitting watching TV in India and there is a shady 'infomercial' running called Fairlook cream. This ad...
There are better ways to find love using the internet than a match com login. Forget Your Match.com login and check out these cool ideas