A Few Psychic Terms Explained
by Christine B.
Some of the terms used for different psychic abilities can be quite confusing. Here is a brief explanation of some of them that might help clear things up:
1. A Remote Viewer (RV) is someone who concentrates on picking up messages, insights, or images from something or someone who is located out of their sight range. (This could be from someone in another room or hundreds of miles away.)
2. If a RV picks up information from someone who is at another location and looking around and is purposely mentally sending the message back to the RV that would be defined as Telepathy.
3. If a RV receives information by “perceiving” the remote location on his/her own, that would be referred to as Clairvoyance.
4. If a RV perceives information about something that will happen in the future at a remote site, it would be Precognition. (This would also apply to dreaming something and then having the dream unfold while you are awake a day or two later. It is also the term used for people who can envision things that will occur in the future.) It is believed that these people are able to tap into the “Akashic Reocrd” or “Universal Knowledge” where time does not exist.
5. If a RV picks up impressions regarding something that happened at the site in the past, (for instance a murder or other crime) that would be labeled as Retrocognition. (People with this gift are adept at helping the police find missing persons and/or solving crimes.)
6. If a person is able to pick up impressions by touching an object that once belonged to or was touched by someone else, his/her gift would be classified as Psychometry.
More by this Author
Ouija board Ouija (pronounced wee-juh or wee-jee) refers to the belief that one can receive messages during a séance by the use of a Ouija board (also called a talking board or spirit board) and planchette. The...
Lake Michigan is one of the US Great Lakes and it has had its share of unexplained phenomena associated with it. These would include UFO sightings, lost ships and aircraft (over 40 of them), lake monsters sightings and...
There has always been a great deal of mystery surrounding the Giza Pyramids. Who made them and why and how were they constructed? Why do they align with the stars in Orion’s Belt? What is the curse that descends...