A List of Creative Poetry Ideas
Poetry--Loft thought or impassioned feeling expressed in imaginative words.
Writing of poems; poems taken as a type of literature.
The Poet's Call
Do you write poetry and have no idea what to do with them? Or, perhaps you just ran out of ideas for them. Well, being a poet myself, I have compiled a list of creative poetry ideas I have tried myself that are worth implementing.
Never in a million years, would I have thought that I would be sitting here producing an article on poetry. I used to think poetry was so boring until I came across a poem one day titled, 'Church People Don't Be So Stingy.' For me, a poem had to have a tang to it. Or, else I'm lost after about the fourth line.
I had no idea whatsoever that the Creator himself had ordained me a poet before I came out of the womb. How interesting, the very thing you don't like can be the very thing wrapped around your purpose in life. So be it, I'm loving my poetic calling. Enjoy the rest of this article!
Poetry Ideas to Inspire Others
- Put your poetry in book form.
- Create a poetic calendar featuring your poems.
- Frame your poetry for resale.
- Put your poems on t shirts, cups, etc.
- Make an audio of your poetry using your voice and background music
- Design and publish a poetry newsletter to send out to your mailing lists.
Stranger in the Land Salvation Track
More Creative Poetry Ideas
7. Put your poems on bookmarks as promotional giveaway at book events, signings, etc.
8. Create a FaceBook page featuring your poetic works
9. Design greeting cards with poetic expressions using graphic software.
10. Make your poetry into inspirational tracts. I created one to pass out to the unsaved and homeless.
11. Enter poetry contests.
Creative Poetry Ideas
12. Create special occasion baskets featuring your poetry book
13. Submit your poems to magazines and newspapers
14. Broadcast your poetry on Internet radio shows like TalkShoe Radio or BlogTalk Radio.
15. Show off your poetry on free poetry sites like Poetry Poem.com
16. Put your poetry on CD to be read on computers and epub file to be read on electronic devices.
17. Organize an open mic poetry gig at a local venue inviting local poets to participate.
18. The list go on and on. So, feel free to share any ideas you may have in the comment section of this page!
Poetry in a Frame
He warns of things to come
in the future and the present.
He also comes to lead me,
to guide me and to chasten
At times He comes to let me know
I need to intercede
There are times when He empowers
me to touch those in need
The Holy Spirit is my
Best Friend and Teacher too
With visions of scrolls,
I hear a voice teaching me some truth
What a special blessing!
What a ,,,,,
The rest is found in "Let the Holy Spirit
Embrace You with Poems of Inspiration."
The Dove in the Midst
As I close my eyes
I can see into the spirit realm
A figure so beautiful!
It’s for real! It’s not a dream!
What a beautiful sight!
What a beautiful scene!
Lord, what does this really mean?
It’s the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove
What an awesome God I do proudly serve!
Being awaken out of my sleep
by the appearance of this dove
Wonder what kind of message
He is bringing from above?
At times I can be wide-awake
and close my eyes for a minute,
there’s the Holy Spirit
with a message God is sending
At times He flies towards me
Or just stand out in the midst
Sometimes I greet Him with a smile
because He’s a beautiful sight to see
Sometimes He comes to comfort me
when I am going through
At times He will come
as the Revealer of the truth
He inspires me to write poems of
inspiration as you can highly see
He comes with all kinds of blessings
He’s the Giver of all gifts
Poetry in a BasketClick thumbnail to view full-size
Elements of Poetry Video
A Poetry Poem
An act of poetry
Ruin is what we need –
Despair is what we feed
Upon in poetry
A shock resets the nerves –
Helps remould the curves
Of written art
Catharsis helps portray –
Acting out a play
Tears or hidden fears
Release the bottled years
To ink a page:
The pen be our salvation.
Mark R Slaughter
God is Good and So Much More
There is more to God than to just say
God is good all the time
He is powerful and He is awesome
He is a great Friend of mine
Oh, yes he's most definitely good
He is that and so much more
He is a never-ending God
For there is so much about Him to know
He is a King in all His majesty
He sits high upon His throne
Surrounded by angels who adore Him
Who worship and praise Him in songs
God in all of His royalty
Is rich in houses and land
As His child you shall not want for anything
He's got you in the palm of His hands
O taste and see that the Lord is good
That and so much more
For you dear child whom He loves so much
Hidden Treasures of Wisdom and Knowledge
The Word of God reveals
By Jesus' stripes, we are healed
Let the truth be told
His word is pure as gold
Confess it with your mouth
Hold on to it, don't cast it out
For it will surely manifest
Don't lose hope, just profess
For God's word does not lie
Keep the faith, don't let it die.
POETRY in the Now by Kimberly J
- Contemporary poetry by Kimberly Jackson
Wisdom poetry, inspirational poetry, poetry with a tang, prophetic poetry, poetry that makes you say, "Wow, look at God!"
Famous Old and New Testament Poets
Biblical poets used,
- simile, comparing one subject to another (Psalm 125:10
- metaphor, referring to a subject in terms of another subject (Psalm 62:2)
- other figures of speech
Famous Old Testament poets are:
- Moses (Exodus15)
- David (Psalms)
- Solomon (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon)
- Paul (Romans 8:31-39) lyrical celebration of God's everlasting love; his classical hymn to love (I Corinthians 13; his glorious faith in the triumph of the resurrection (I Corinthians 15:51-58; his thoughts on the humbled Christ (Philippians 2:5-11)
- John (Revelation 18:2-24)
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Famous Poetry Quotes
Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words. Robert Frost
Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words. -Edgar Allan Poe
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. -Carl Sanburg
Poetry is truth in its Sunday clothes. -Joseph Roux
God is the perfect poet. -Robert Browning
Take the Poetry Toll
What type of poems do you like?See results without voting
Inspirational Poetry Book
Hidden in a treasure chest not far away, lies a book full of wisdom and knowledge needed for such a time and day. Use the key to unlock this anointed book of poetry and songs that utters practical and speculative wisdom for everyday living.
© 2013 Kimberly J