Aging quotes, sayings,effects and facts
Ten Most Common Fears Of Aging
- The fear of permanent loss of identity.
- The fear of loss of control.
- The fear that there is nothing after death.
- The fear of physical pain at the time of death
- The fear of the loss of youth.
- The fear of an unfulfilled life.
- The fear of not being there for those we love.
- The fear of a Heaven or hell.
- The fear of eternal punishment.
- The fear of the unknown.
- Middle age is the awkward period when Father Time catches up with Mother Nature. - Harold Coffin
- Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. - George Bernard Shaw
- As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. - Andrew Carnegie
You know you're old when you stoop to tie your shoes and wonder what else you do while you're down there. - George Burns
- The follies which a man regrets most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland
- The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball. - Doug Larson
- We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw
- Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that happen to a man. - Leon Trotsky
- In youth the days are short and the years are long; in old age the years are short and the days are long. - Nikita Ivanovich Panin
- I was wrong to grow older. Pity. I was so happy as a child. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body. - Author Unknown
The whiter my hair becomes, the more ready people are to believe what I say. - Bertand Russell
Here's the analogy. If my body were a car, I'd be thinking about trading it in around now. I would like to upgrade. I would be actually on the lot somewhere and some guy with a loud sports jacket would be sizing me up... kinda lookin' around goin--maybe kickin my knees. Looking behind me going: "That looks a little bashed in back there...Yeah, You mind if I check under the hood?" 'Well, yes I do! Than you very much." - Ellen DeGeneres (talking about her body and the fact she is aging)
- The true way to render age vigorous is to prolong the youth of the mind. - Mortimer Collins
- Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. - Samuel Ullman
Old age takes away from us what we have inherited and gives us what we have earned. - Gerald Brenan
- At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don't care about what others think about us; at sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all. - Author Unknown
- You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. - Douglas MacAuthur
- Everything slows down with age, except the time it takes cake and ice cream to reach your hips. - John Wagner
- I don't plan to grow old gracefully. I plan to have face-lifts until my ears meet. - Rita Rudner
- Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun; as we see that the shadows, which are at morning and evening so large, almost entirely disappear at midday. - Thomas Arnold
- Old age ain't no place for sissies. - Bette Davis
- Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen. - Mark Twain
- At sixteen I was stupid, confused and indecisive. At twenty-five I was wise, self-confident, prepossessing and assertive. At forty-five I am stupid, confused, insecure and indecisive. Who would have thought that maturity is only a short break in adolescence? - Jules Feiffer
Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art. - Eleanor Roosevelt
To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am. - Bernard Baruch
- And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln
There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt. - Author Unknown
Men grow old, pearls grow yellow, there is no cure for it. - Chinese Proverb
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. - Mark Twain
- There is still no cure for the common birthday. - John Glenn
- Never use the passing years as an excuse for old age. - Robert Brault
- Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. - Tom Wilson
A man's as old as he's feeling, a woman as old as she looks. - Mortimer Collins
I refuse to admit that I am more than 52, even if that makes my children illegitimate. - Lady Nancy Astor
It is not by the gray of the hair that one knows the age of the heart. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- Few people know how to be old." - François de la Rochefoucauld
- Old age puts more wrinkles in our minds than on our faces. - Michel de Montaigne
- Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald that they don't recognize you. - Bennett Cerf
- For the first half of your life people tell you what you should do; for the second half, they tell you what you should have done. - Richard Needham
- Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. - Author Unknown
- I like the idea of growing old gracefully and full of wrinkles... like Audrey Hepburn. - Natalie Imbruglia
- The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible. - Judith Regan
- Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. - Martin Buxbaum
- The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been." - Madeleine L'Engle
- To know how to grow old is the master-work of wisdom, and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living. - Henri Amiel
- Don't worry about avoiding temptation - as you grow older, it starts avoiding you. - Author Unknown
- A person is always startled when he hears himself seriously called an old man for the first time. - Oliver W. Holmes
- The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. - Madeleine L'Engle
- I don't do alcohol anymore - I get the same effect just standing up fast. - Author Unknown
- Age seldom arrives smoothly or quickly. It's more often a succession of jerks. - Jean Rhys
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened. - Jennifer Yane
- Thanks to modern medical advances such as antibiotics, nasal spray, and Diet Coke, it has become routine for people in the civilized world to pass the age of 40, sometimes more than twice. - Dave Barry
- If I's known how old I was going to be I'd have taken better care of myself. - Adolph Zukor
- Middle age is the awkward period when Father Time catches up with Mother Nature. - Harold Coffin
Fast Facts About Aging
- One out of nine people living in the US are 65 or older.
- The fastest growing age group is people 85 and older.
- Fifty-six percent of those over 65 are married.
- Only 10 % of the people over the age of 65 have Alzheimer's
- 15 million older people volunteer. That's almost half of the 65+ population.
- Each month the world's elderly population of people increases by 795,000.
- By 2020, 12 million older people will need long term services and support.
- 69% of the people turning 65 today will need some form of long-term services and support.
- The average annual cost of a private room in a nursing home is $$79,935.
- The average annual cost of a semi-private room in a nursing home is $72, 270.
- The average annual cost of living in an assisted living facility is $37,572.
- More than 1.1 million seniors live in some type of senior housing community.
- Blooming In The Golden Years: People Who Have St...
Blooming In The Golden Years : People Who Have Still Flourished In Their Old Age Age is just a state of mind. One maybe in his youth, but if he is living a life of squandering, a sexagenarian who is still...
- The Lighter Side of Aging
Quit Obsessing - Stop obsessing about getting older. It happens to everyone. The alternative to getting older is not something many of us would like to visit. Re-evaluate Your Circle of Friends - It is very...
- Exercising To Piano Music Appears To Help Reduce Falls Among Older Adults
Introducing a music-based multitask exercise program for community-dwelling elderly people may lead to improved gait (manner or style of walking), balance and a reduction in the rate of falling, a
- People are happier, less stressed after age 50 - Health - Aging - msnbc.com
Life looks a little rosier after 50, a new study finds. Older people in their mid- to late-50s are generally happier, and experience less stress and worry than young adults in their 20s, the researchers say.
- 12 secrets to staying young - Health - Skin and beauty - msnbc.com
The mythical fountain of youth discovered? No, even better! Weve found proven ways to live a longer, fuller life .
- As boomers age, 1 in 5 drivers will be oldsters - Health - Aging - msnbc.com
Baby boomers who first danced to that 1964 pop hit about a granny burning up the road in her hot rod will begin turning 65 in January. Experts say keeping those drivers safe and mobile is a challenge with profound implications.
More by this Author
There are angels among us in every shape and form. They surround us with love and safety.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.
Every color has it's own special meaning. Have you ever wondered what makes a hospital paint their walls a cool green? Read and find out.