A Humorous Look at Searching for a Better Mousetrap
Mice Love Leftovers!
If you have mice or rats in your home, garage or basement, you must CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, and then clean some more. Rodents love food, and what family that has children doesn't have a few crackers under the bed, chips in the furniture, and lots of cheese scattered about. They love big families - the bigger the better because the bigger they are, the harder it is to clean up behind them.
What we need is a better mousetrap, so I went searching for one!
My Process of Elimination
- Rats and mice are very territorial, so even if you rid your house of the ones that are currently there, when they are gone, new families just move in to take their place. And, they breed fast. In my own lame attempt several years ago to rid my home of mice, I opted for glue strips, which caught me a lot of mouse hairs and rat feet (they literally chew their feet off to escape). In my humble opinion, glue strips are just plain crappy. But in order to find a better mousetrap, we pretty much need to try them all in a "process of elimination." Glue strips were the first to be eliminated by me.
- Then there's poison. Poison seemed like a fool-proof way to deal with these nasty rodents and their droppings, but unfortunately, the ones that do die, die very slowly, so you can smell their rotting little corpses under your cabinets, behind your walls, under your refrigerator.
Poison was the next to be eliminated by me, but I was determined to get rid of these disease-spreading, nest-building, poop-dropping rats!
- What next, you may ask? For me, it was the Mini T-Rex Mouse Snap trap killer, which worked fine, and killed them instantly. However, because touching dead rats makes me want to do some projectile vomiting, plus the fact that the traps are over $5 each (and to reuse them, you would have to touch the dead rat), I eliminated this trap as well.
- Next came the Multiple-Catch Mouse Master traps. I was able to catch lots of mice with this trap, but I don't like looking at ONE, so why would I buy something that, when I open it, is going to contain the rotting bodies of several rodents? One more trap eliminated.
Finally, a mouse trap that worked!
As a last resort, I tried this new thing called a Victor snap trap. It was very inexpensive, so I was able to buy several of them, and when a mouse is caught (and killed immediately), all I had to do was drop the whole thing - mouse and trap - in the garbage. I don't understand what took inventors so long to come up with this great mouse trap!!!
Man, some people are just dense.
* Buy lots of traps...kill lots of rats.
* Your finger will most likely be the first thing you catch in the Victor trap, but after that, a lot of MICE!
- Casey's Trivia Quiz #1 (General Knowledge)
Trivia quizzes are very popular and useful to students, those home schooled especially. It seems like the more you know, the more you want to know, whether you want to be a contestant on Jeopardy or the Million Second Quiz, or simply want to pass you
- My Favorite Tags: Comedy and Humor
If you like humor you have come to the right place. I love the Hubpage tags. They come with neat little webpages that frame all the hubs on that topic. I hope you enjoy this attempt to feature pages that some...
- Tim Hawkins The Clean Comedian
Some things are funny and some things just arent! Have you ever been to a comedy show and felt embarrassed by the base and crude humor that is spewing from the mouth of the comedian? Tim Hawkins is a clean comedian the whole family can enjoy.
More by this Author
Pecksniffian is the Word of the Day for Bill O'Reilly on "The O'Reilly Factor" (Fox News), and it means to be falsely moralistic, hypocritical or sincere. There were so many politicians that fit the...
When you are ready to clean out your husband's closet, you first need to read this guide. Man, can they keep some stupid stuff! Get rid of all of that old sports junk and he'll be SO SURPRISED!
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually "clone" it!