Objurgating: Bill O'Reilly's Word of the Day on Fox News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor
To Objurgate Is Not a Good Thing
- Have any of you ever been guilty of objurgating? If you are a parent, I urge you to take another approach, as objurgating means to scold or berate someone. No one likes to be the victim of objurgation, as it is humiliating, and it is very painful.
- You don't have to touch a child to inflict pain that will stay with them their entire life (although scolding can also be in the form of physical abuse).
- Instead of objurgating/scolding/berating, a parent should focus on teaching children to do what you want them to do (chores, eat their vegetables, go to bed when they are supposed to) in a more effective manner. There are methods for encouraging good behavior and discouraging the bad behavior (fighting, tantrums, whining), such as praise for good behavior, time out or simple verbal reasoning.
- There are many great books available that can offer more in-depth details on how to incorporate these methods into your dealings with your own children. I urge you to seek them out and have listed a few at the end of this article.
- Focus on strengthening the bond between you and your child instead of tearing down and destroying those bonds.
Please Check Out Some of My Other Articles
- How to Find and Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Your Home
Bed bugs are nasty and dangerous. This article will show you photographs of bed bugs found in various places, and how to get rid of the little bloodsuckers!
- How to Propagate a Dieffenbachia Plant Using Cutting...
If you have a beautiful dieffenbachia plant, you can actually clone it and have more plants with the exact same characteristics. This article will explain how to do it.
More by this Author
This article will give you detailed instructions on how to "clone" your favorite geranium plant from a cutting. It is easy to do, and each new plant will have the same characteristics of the first plant so there will...
Pecksniffian is the Word of the Day for Bill O'Reilly on "The O'Reilly Factor" (Fox News), and it means to be falsely moralistic, hypocritical or sincere. There were so many politicians that fit the description, it was...
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually "clone" it!
No comments yet.