Book Awards For The Self-Published Author
So you've self published your book? You also have begun some marketing and promoting your self published book. You say the book signing party went well, if you had one. How do you get some credibility to your self published book? Glad you asked. Have you tried book awards? Yes, there are some book award programs that don't accept self published authors, and there is a time constraint because those book award programs that do accept self published authors say your book must have a certain copyright date - some will only accept self published books with copyright dates for certain years, e.g., some will not accept books with copyright dates earlier than 2009.
Advantages of Book Awards:
- Many book award programs have panels of distinguished judges that review books. When your book has won an award you are generally told the names of the panelists who reviewed your book. Sometimes you're given the reveiwers' evaluations, which might have grades attached.
- The majority of the time you will receive seals of approval, press releases, logos, free online news about your book as well as have its award submitted to different websites, and discounts for several marketing services.
- You may purchase the seals of approval or similar award stickers and place on your book.
- For logos, you may use the logo on your website, blog, announcements, and marketing materials shouting to the world that your self published book is award-winning.
- You may use the terms "award-winning book" or "award-winning author."
- You can put award designation on reprints.
- Book awards can place your self published book in prominent locations at book events. There may be a section for award-winning books.
- Mention other publicly known products that have won that same award as your self published book. For instance, my book, Resumes for Children - 17 Years Old and Under, is a Mom's Choice Award® Gold recipient, and Pampers is a Mom's Choice Award® winner too - yes, my book is up there with poop (LOL).
- If you are the author of an award-winning book, then subsequent books will more than likely become award-winners too. People will expect nothing less from you than award-winning books.
- People are more apt to read books from an award-winning author.
Let's look at some book award programs for self published authors.
- MoonBeam Children's Book Award: http://www.moonbeamawards.com/
- Independent Publishers Book Awards (Ippy Awards): http://www.independentpublisher.com/ipland/ipawards.php
- Eric Hoffer Awards: http://www.hofferaward.com/HAbooks.html
- Writer's Digest: http://www.writersdigest.com/writers-digest-competitions/self-published-ebook-awards
- Living Now Book Awards: www.livingnowawards.com
- Writers-Editors Network International Writing Competition: http://www.writers-editors.com/Writers/Contests/Contest_Guidelines/contest_guidelines.htm
- Readers Favorite Book Reviews and Award Contest: www.readersfavorite.com
- Axiom Business Book Awards: http://axiomawards.com/
- Anderbo Self-Published Book Awards: http://www.anderbo.com/
- The Wishing Shelf Awards: http://www.thewsa.co.uk/
- Living Now Awards: http://www.livingnowawards.com/about.php
- ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year: https://www.forewordreviews.com/services/book-awards/botya/
- IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards: http://ibpabenjaminfranklinawards.com/
- Dan Poynter's Global Ebook Awards: http://globalebookawards.com/
- Nautilus Book Awards: http://www.nautilusbookawards.com/
More by this Author
- 16African-Americans with Green, Grey, Hazel or Blue Eyes, Naturally Blonde or Red (Ginger) Hair, and Freckles
Have you ever seen an African-American with blue eyes? They do exist. How about an African-American with red hair and freckles? Come look at some blonde hair dark-skinned individuals.
Stories and anecdotes that can teach you life lessons. How children can learn from stories and anecdotes.
If you're a college student and you've lost a parent, or both of your parents, there are college scholarships for you. If you're a student in the foster care system there are scholarships for you too.