Book review of "The five love languages"
The book “The 5 Love Languages” was written by author Gary D. Chapman. He explains to his readers that we each give and receive love in 5 different, basic ways.
- Gifts: the purchase or making of items. They can be big or small.
- Quality Time: the time in which you spend talking about meaningful subjects or sharing a bonding of a mutual interest together.
- Acts of service: the doing of things such as; opening doors, helping with chores, or helping of other responsibilities.
- Affirmation: compliments and validation through written or verbal communication.
- Physical attention: the act of physical contact, hugs, kisses, simple touches, and love making.
He tells stories of experiences he has had wile counseling couples from each of these types. He explains in detail which each of these 5 languages entails. The author provides a simple test you can take to determine which of these you fall into as well as which one your partner falls into.
The book explains the success a relationship can have by learning how best you receive love while providing for your partner the kind of love they get the most from as well.
It is well written and easy to follow. I recommend this book for anyone who is in a relationship, as well as those who are not yet in a relationship. This book really sets the stage for healthy, productive relationships and understanding.
More by this Author
Men and women are hard-wired differently. What works for the goose does not work for the gander. This is where most communication hiccups occur. We naturally assume that the way we do things is the way they do...
Self-publishing a book can be a challenge. Most traditional publishing companies won't consider signing new authors unless they have made a name for themselves through self-publishing first.
When a child looks at a big mess, they have a difficult time breaking it down into smaller, more achievable goals. All they see is this one, huge, insurmountable task that leaves them feeling that it's just too much. ...
No comments yet.