Branding yourself as a Writer
Rolex, Nestle, Audi, Coach, Tommy Filger, Hanes, Revlon, Prada, Bentley, GE, Kenmore, Maytag, Toyota, Mercedes, and the list goes on...
In fact, companies decide on a product, a brand logo and then go on about manufacturing their product. Such is the importance of a name and logo.
As a manufacturer, a brand is a window for him to peep outside and get noticed by consumers as he advertises his product on his website or a social media outlet such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
Branding just doesn't happen; it has to be thought about and well planned since ultimately that's how the consumers will picture you.
Some useful advantages for having a brand are:
• It helps give you a platform for ease, reliability and a recognition of what you stand for once you vouch for it, with ardor and passion.
• Branding can put you in the limelight by setting you apart from the crowd that has that same product. You are given a stage where you can continue to exhibit your passion to thousands or millions of like-minded people who agree with the formation of your goods created.
• Your Brand once showcased well, can bring like-minded people together who would love to use your product, thus broadening your consumers ship.
• Depending on your brand and the inspiration it can draw to your buyers. It can help motivate them and assist them to reach out high goals in their lives via the incentive of your A rated product.
• If your brand has been able to create a good and loyal consumer ship, chances are they will recommend your work to others while you just continue to be in the production line.
• A strong brand will give a vision to the users on what to expect while easing the stress of the brand owner as he/she has been able to reproduce it with each production.
• If you stick to your brand. If you are loyal to your brand, chances are your consumers will also be loyal to you!
• This is your brand and your promise that you keep production after production. Thus, keeping your promise to your customers.
• Creating a brand not only helps create loyal consumers, but also helps the producer to stay focused on his/her goal of creating best product to sustain the reputation of the brand name.
• Once your feet are soaked in your brand. It will help you connect with your consumers on all levels as they have gotten used to using your name.
Aha! The importance of branding.
It helps differentiate the goods and services from other sellers while clearly delivering the message while confirming your credibility thus, creating user loyalty over time as your solid brand is motivating buyers to purchase the product.
This same fundamental applies to a serious writer who wants to succeed. Branding himself to get recognition and be able to eventually sell books.
A writer has to analyze his write ups and the subjects he is passionate to write about. He has to ponder over the kind of stories he likes to tell, narrate or serve to his readers. Eventually, that will help him attract the kind of readers that love to read such topics.
Typically Genre comes first, and branding follows that. The brand has to exist within the genre the writer pens his words.
Some examples could be: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle a writer of a fictional genre, but it revolves around detective/mystery. He gave birth to Sherlock Holmes in his write ups that are still looked upon. Could brand this author as a "The detective writer."
Nora Roberts published her first book in 1981 and since then she has not turned back. Thanks to her 594K followers she has been nicknamed by The NewYorker as, " America's favorite novelist."
Although she would be branded under, "The romance writer."
As a writer/author decides upon the theme of his book before penning it down. Have a certain topic in mind prior to penciling it down. Frame your characters and plot if planning to write fiction or a subject relevant to the theme if working on non-fiction. Climb the ladder gradually of plotting and scheming as you cling onto the topic of the book. Towards the end when you have published that work, you will be representing that particular brand.
For instance: "The -------- writer."
The dash could fill in romantic, mysterious, inspirational, dramatic, comic, lover of life, etc
After branding yourself; making your own website and showcase your brand by publicizing over the media.
"The adventurous writer" will be easily remembered and when searched upon, like-minded readers will be able to connect the dots via the author/writer's website, and that would result in clicks on your book links, and voila! you have readers craving for that brand by following it with as much passion as you the writer continues to pen down words fervently.
Once a name has been established thanks to the various social media outlets, with a respectable number of readership; the chances are that along with the readers, a literary agent, and a reputed publishing house could also get drawn to your charismatic brand name.
Aha! The journey that unfolds when a writer decides upon a particular brand name! No doubt there is sweat, dedication, passion and lots of marketing involved from the writer/author.
But, in the end, it is all worth it!
More by this Author
Do you know the labels that come with the food that you purchase? This hub will take you along the journey of what to eat and what to avoid and what kind of food labels to look for in the market.
This hub talks about the significance of the above date when a couple met and departed. Should we talk about the significance of the date or is it just plain old karma?
Cricket is gaining popularity and is a team sport. It is ideal for children aged 5 and above to learn this game which will help develop their mind, body and spirit.