Cat Sayings and Quotes
Cat Sayings and Quotes
- Cats often devise their own set of rules that they think we should live by, and they may be quick to chastise us if we fail to adhere to these reules. ~ Margaret Reister
- There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat. ~ Tay Hohoff
- Cats are connoisseurs of comfort. ~ James Herriot
- Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this by all the time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren't like this; a dog's idea of personal grooming is to roll in a dead fish. ~ James Goreman
- If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much. ~ Mark Twain
- If the pull of the outside world is strong, there is also a pull towards the human. The cat may disappear on its own errands, but sooner of later, it returns once again for alittle while, to greet us withits own type of love. ~ Lloyd Alexander
- Are we really sure the purring is coming from the kitty and not from our very own hearts? ~ Terri Guillemets
- Authors like cats because they are such quiet, lovable, wise creatures, and cats like authors for the same reason. ~ Robertson Davies
- The naming of cats is a difficult matter. It isn't just one of your holiday games. You may think at first I'm mad as a hatter. When I tell you a cat must have three different names. ~ T. S. Eliot
- Everthing I know I learned from cat: When you're hungry, eat. When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet's, pee on your owner. ~ Gary Smith
- When you are looking, a cat acts like a princess, but the minute they think you are not looking, a cat acts like a fool. ~ K.C. Buffington
- I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine
- Cats can be cooperative when something feels good, which, to a cat, is the way everything is supposed to feel as much of the time as possible. ~ Roger Caras
- You cannot look at a slepping cat and feel tense. ~ Jane Pualey
- It always gives me a shiver when I see a cat seeing what I can't see. ~ Elanor Farjeon
- Prowling his own quiet backyard or asleep by the fire, he is still only a whisker away from the wilds. ~ Jean Burden
- A cat isn't fussy - just so long as you remember he likes his milk in the shallowrose-patterned saucer and his fish on the blue plate. From which he will take it, and eat it off the floor. ~ Arthur Bridges
- I don't think it is so much the actual bath that most cats dislike; i think it's the fact that they have to spend a good part of the day putting their hair back in place. ~ Debbie Peterson
- Some people say man is the most dangerousanimal on the planet. Obviously those people have never met an angry cat. ~ Lillian Johnson
- She clawed her way into my heart and wouldn't let go. ~ Missy Altijd
- In the middle of a world that had always been a bit mad, the cat wlaks with confidence. ~ Rosanne Amberson
- Who among us hasn't envied a cat's ability to ignore the cares of daily life and to relax completely. ~ Karen Brademeyer
- There is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast. ~ Author Unknown
- Cats are notoriously sore losers. Coming in second best, especially to someone as poorly coordinated as a human being, grates their sensibility. ~ Stephen Baker
- Cats were put into the world to disprove the dogma that all things were created to serve man. ~ Paul Gary
- When a cat speaks, it's because it has something to say, unlike humans who are the great refuse containers of speech. ~ Terri Guillemets
Funny Cat Sayings and Quotes
- Cats motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it. ~ Author Unknown
- Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvience. ~ Pam Brown
- If your cat falls out of a tree, go indoors to laugh. ~ Patricia Hitchcock
- I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days. ~ Bill Dana
- A cat's got her own opinion of human beings. She doesn't say much, but you can tell enough to make you anxious not to hear the whole of it. ~ Jerome K. Jerome
- Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later. ~ Mary Bly
- In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. ~ Terry Pratchett
- Cats have intercepted my footsteps at the ankle for so long that my gait, both at home and on tour, has been compared to that of a man wading through low surf. ~ Roy Blount, Jr.
- A cat is the only domestic animal I know who toilet trains itself and does a damned impressive job of it. ~ Joseph Epstein
- Do not meddle in the affairs of a cat, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. ~ Bruce Graham
- The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other wya. Mark Twain
- You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals. ~ George Mikes
- My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes. ~ Author Unknown
- Cat lovers can readily be identified. Their clothes always look old and well used. Their sheets look like bath towels and their bath towels look like a collection of knitting mistakes. ~ Eric Gurney
- A cat is there when you call her - if she doesn't have something better to do. ~ Bill Adler
- Dogs have owners, cats have staff. ~ Author Unknown
- Cats never strike a pose that isn't photogenic. ~ Lillian Jackson Braun
- Most beds sleep up to six cats. Ten cats without the owner. ~ Stephen Baker
- It's really the cat's house - we just pay the mortgage. ~ Author Unknown
- If the claws didn't retract, cats would be like Velcro. ~ Bruce Fogle
- In the beginning God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him the cat. ~ Anonymous
- Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow. ~ Jeff Valdez
A Cat's Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the center groove
My human can hardly move!
I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food!"
I sneak up slowly to begin
My nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly, I have sharp teeth -
And my claws I will unsheath
For the morning's here and it's time to play
I always seem to get my way.
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.
The one who hugs me and holds me tight
And sacrifices her bed at night.
I found this poem on a wonder site filled with cat poem's sure to delight the cat lover in everyone.http://amandashome.com/catprayer.html
- Do Cats Have Good Memory?
While Snowball may not remember what dress your were wearing yesterday or the last American Idol winner, cats surely can prove to have a good recollection of events when it comes to memory. There are many...
- How and when to induce vomiting in your cat
A time may come when we discover our beloved kitten or cat ingested something potentially harmful requiring emergency treatment at once. There are are a few things that can be done at home to prevent...
- Darn Funny Cat Stories
Whenever Im confronted with someone who cant understand my love for my cats, I remind them of the research that shows pets are good for your health. With this in mind, I thought it would be fun to share...
- Tips for flying with your cat
Frequent flier felines..... Yes, the title is correct. It appears that more and more cat owners are traveling across states and countries and are bringing along their precious,furry four legged friends. ...
- What To Do With Howling Cat
Cats are a wonderful pet to own but do have their own unique challenges. Much like some dogs have the tendency to bark at inappropriate times, cats can be loud vocalizers too. Owning a cat that howls or cries...
- How to help indoor cats lose weight
www.pictures-of-kittens-and-cats.com Fat cats may be cute. We all love Garfied the fat cat. However, if a cat is too overweight, it may result in health problems such as diabetes. Oftentimes a cat may be so...
More by this Author
There are angels among us in every shape and form. They surround us with love and safety.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.
Every color has it's own special meaning. Have you ever wondered what makes a hospital paint their walls a cool green? Read and find out.