Celebrity Christmas Quotes
Personalize Your Holiday
Christmas quotes can be a special way of expressing yourself if you like to send your own personalized Christmas cards to friends and family.
Imagine the smile on a loved one's face as they read a quote that reminds them of you, themselves, or the entire family!
Whether you print cards at home or purchase them at a store, don't you sometimes find yourself searching longer for that perfect card for each individual than you do shopping for gifts?
An easier (and less time consuming) idea is to print up or purchase blank cards and place your own personalized quote that reflects your personality or relationship with the recipient. If you choose to personalize your Christmas cards with a humorous or inspirational quote from a famous author or celebrity.
Charles Dickins' Video Clip
Christmas Comedy Video
Quotes by Famous Authors
- I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens
- Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. ~Washington Irving
- The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart. ~Helen Keller
- The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much. ~Henry David Thoreau
- Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. ~Calvin Coolidge
- For somehow, not only at Christmas, but all the long year through, The joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you. ~John Greenleaf Whittier
- Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
Carlton's Quote Corner
- I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph. ~Shirley Temple
- You know you're getting old, when Santa starts looking younger. ~Robert Paul
- Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year. ~Victor Borge
- Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas. ~Johnny Carson
- The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other. ~Johnny Carson
- Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered. What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day. ~Phyllis Diller
- I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included. ~Bernard Manning
- Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit. ~Frank McKinney Hubbard
- Christmas begins about the first of December with an office party and ends when you finally realize what you spent, around April fifteenth of the next year. ~P. J. O’Rourke
- Christmas at my house is always at least six or seven times more pleasant than anywhere else. We start drinking early. And while everyone else is seeing only one Santa Claus, we'll be seeing six or seven. ~W.C. Fields
- When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things -- not the great occasions -- give off the greatest glow of happiness. ~Bob Hope
- The one thing women don’t want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband. ~Joan Rivers
- The day I saw my mom eating the Santa cookies on the plate was one of the most horrific days of my life. ~Halle Berry
- Merry Christmas, Nearly Everybody! ~Ogden Nash
- Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. ~Dale Evans Rogers
- The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin. ~Jay Leno
- Something about an old-fashioned Christmas is hard to forget. ~Hugh Downs
- One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly. ~Andy Rooney
Quotes from Christmas Movies
- There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child ~Erma Bombeck
- Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, you won't find it under a tree. ~Charlotte Carpenter
- Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts. ~Janice Maeditere
- Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'. ~Bing Crosby
- There are no strangers on Christmas Eve. ~Mildred Cram and Adele Comandini
- At Christmas, all roads lead home. ~Marjorie Holmes
- Christmas is, of course, the time to be home - in heart as well as body. ~Garry Moore
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale
What Inspires You?
- Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ~Mary Ellen Chase
- As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is. ~Eric Sevareid
- I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. ~Charles Dickens
- Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves. ~Eric Sevareid
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis
- My first copies of Treasure Island and Huckleberry Finn still have some blue-spruce needles scattered in the pages. They smell of Christmas still. ~Charlton Heston
- Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal. ~Lenore Hershey
- Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect. ~Oren Arnold
NC Holiday Getaways
- Pet Friendly Cabin Rentals in Asheville, North Carolina
Western North Carolina is a beautiful area with many attractions for all ages, especially in the Asheville area. Some of the main Asheville attractions include: Biltmore Estate , Linville Caverns, Blowing...
- Romantic Getaway Cabins in the North Carolina Mountains
For a relaxing vacation, and get away from the headaches of everyday life, Fall Creek Cabins could be just the right place to escape from the real world for a while. These two-story cabin rentals, each with...
- Pet Friendly Cabin Rentals in Western North Carolina
The Blue Ridge Mountains in Asheville, North Carolina, are beautiful year-round. For those that live close enough, a weekend drive to see the fall foilage is a great day trip. If North Carolina is too far for...
More for Quote Lovers
- Quotes about Family
~ If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.~ George Bernard Shaw. Read on for more great quotes like this....
- Youth Quotes
Great quotes about being young and funny youth quotes.
- Courage Quotes
Courage is that strength we find in ourselves when we least expect it. Moments in life that you must be forced to face something that is painful or....
- Great Quotes by Aristotle
Aristotle believed that the universe had never had a beginning, and would never have an end, it was eternal....
- The Best of Bob Marley Quotes
Bob Marley was one of the most challenging and charismatic artists of our time, his music still lives on....
- Great Quotes by Mark Twain
Samuel Langhorne Clemens was born on November 30, 1835 in a small town in Missouri by the name of Florida. At the age of four, Samuel's family moved to Hannibal, a port city along the banks of the Mississippi....
- Quotes by Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe was a '50s sex goddess and perhaps the most famous woman of the 20th Century. Born Norma Jeane Mortenson to Gladys Baker on June 1, 1926 in Los Angeles, California, and baptized as Norma Jeane...
- Great Quotes about Life, Love, and Men from Mae West
Mae West was born in in Brooklyn, New York on August 17, 1893 as Mary Jane West. Famous for her outspoken and provocative demeanor, Mae West was known by many as a sex goddess. She began her career at the age...
- Life Quotes by Country Music Singers
Country music speaks to many listeners through the heart. Songs about real life, along with the ups and downs everyone faces at some point or another. Just as individuals can relate to quotes that they feel...
- Great Quotes from Famous '80s Icons
The 80s were a wonderful time to be a child. Playing outside could be done without the worries of today, it was a more innocent time. Playing Atari and Pac Man, or figuring out how to solve the Rubik's Cube,...
- Quotes about Change
Change is inevitable and occurs throughout a person's lifetime. It can be change for the better, or for the worse, depending on the affected individual's perception and willingness to change. Change can be...
- Great Quotes about Love and Marriage
Humans are born with a need to be free, loved, and secure. Some people are fortunate enough to find love, while others may search their whole lives to never find that one true love. Love is as unique as every...
- Great Quotes about Men and Women
It's a known fact that since the beginning of time men and women have disagreed on many different topics. Let's face it, men and women have very different points of view on many of the same subjects. Research...
- Oprah Winfrey Quotes
Oprah Gail Winfrey was born in Kosciusko, Mississippi on January 29, 1954. Showing signs of an exceptional IQ by the age of three, Oprah Winfrey was able to recite from the Bible and children's books. She was...
- Life Quotes from Famous Comedians
They say that laughter is the best medicine, and research studies have proven this to be true. A sense of humor and plenty of laughter has been shown to have positive health effects and strengthens the immune...
- Life Quotes from Hollywood
Quotes can be an inspiration for everyone, and with so many versions of quotes about life from so many sources, everyone can find at least one quote that they have to agree is relevant to their life in some...
More by this Author
Grow old gracefully? Never. Humorous quotes on aging from a variety of authors.
Country Music speaks through the heart. The best life quotes from some of country's biggest superstars. Plus, a little something extra for those who are a part of the 80s generation.
Tips and ideas on building your own backyard brick barbecue grill.