Improving Your Writing Skills
We Are Not Competing
The question is ,"How do you compete with other experienced writers when you are beginning"? My own personal view is that we are not in competition with one another. Not a single soul came into this to compete, we do it because we enjoy sharing our creative thoughts, ideas and experiences. Here are a few ideas to guide you on improving your writing skills.
1. Hub Pages provides a forum for all of us to ask for advice. It is a great place for resourcing and quality information.
2. Venture out to www.helium.com all that we write will be curtailed by other experienced writers and they can help us improve our writing skills. They will give quality feedback and answer questions we may have, so always check e-mail. www.positivepath.net provides us with an outline of how to improve our writing skills. You can print it and keep it handy. www.redgage.com is a nice little community with a simple layout where we can make money backlink our articles, joining is free and the community is wonderful. www.ezinearticles.com is great if you are brave enough to jump into the arena and test out the waters. www.blogger.com you can create your own log and backlink it to your articles at www.hubpages.com.
3. Make it a habit to write everyday even if it is on paper and not posted.
4. Don't be afraid to answer requests remember writing is fun and nobody is judging us , the more we write the more experienced we will become.
5. Write articles on what interests you or what others may find interesting remember we all have our own thoughts and ideas.
6. Here at hubpages utilize the keywords, that they provide as it is a helpful tool for the search engines. Check them periodically and update them accordingly.
7. Get involved with the hubmob weekly writing challenge, we all know that they are an abundance of fun to write. Writing skills will improve and traffic will also be driven to the article that has been written.
Most importantly enjoy writing articles it is a reflection of who we are and what we like to share with others, never worry about the hubscore just keep on writing. Patience and perserverance is the key to enjoying what you do.
copyright © 2008
- Disciplining Yourself to Write
Besides telling you how I discipline myself to write, I am asking that you share your self-discipline techniques at the end of the article in the comments section. I have been so disappointed in the amount...
- Places To Sell Your Writing
Online submission opportunities for your writing. You don't have to pay to sell your fiction, non-fiction, or screenplay writing.
- How to Make Money WRITING Online
Do you dream of earning your living writing for the internet, but so far all you have earned is $3.62 from Google Adsense through your blog? Would you like to turn that $3.62 into $3,620 in only four weeks?...
Books To Improve Writing Skills
More by this Author
Wishes from a Genie. Have you ever dreamed of having 3 wishes and hoping they would come true? Three wishes from a genie...
Reflection of thoughts from a writer's perspective and through her mother's eyes about each days passing and the problems that we face. What we should do to overcome our obstacles.
Elizabethan Era vs. the 21st Century. A humorous side to how they lived versus how we live today. Hair dye made from urine? Not bathing?