Evergreen writing and hubs
Why are you writing?
First thing to consider is "why are you writing?" do you write for fun? Do you write poems? Are you a sucker for celebrity gossip? If so, Evergreen may not be the way you want to go.
But if you write because you love to research, love finding content that helps others, and love to promote your favorite products, with the potential of earning a few bucks, then keep reading...
What is an Evergreen hub or blog?
An Evergreen hub or blog is eternally fresh, it's something that does not go out of style. It's not a trend or a poem. It's a piece of information that has a strong life online because it is something that can be constantly used by others.
Evergreen hubs/blogs are full of rich, informative content, including but not limited to facts, research, high quality photos, video's, how-to's, DIY info, etc...
Evergreen content outlives a lot of other information on the internet super-highway because it's information that does not become outdated.
So leave the poems, trending topics and short stories for the pleasure of...simply...writing.
Content for great Evergreen...
- Facts about the topic you have chosen, helpful links directing your readers to further information
- Research to provide truthful, honest, accurate information, this should be in your own words based on your research. Don't plagiarize or copy others work!
- Always note the source of photos and information if they are not genuinely your own
- Choose a topic that can be used and searched for over and over, such as DIY projects, parenting issues, things based on history or past major events, recipes, home remedies, tips and ways to change your life etc...
- Provide rich colorful engaging photos and videos.
- Put yourself in the mind of the reader. When writing your content have it answer the following questions: who, what, when, where and why.
- An Evergreen Hub should engage your audience while teaching them something of value.
- Your content layout should provide a smooth readable flow, and be grammatically and punctually correct.
- Be creative and strategic
- Present solutions in your writing
- Be passionate and take your work seriously
- Link your own work to your pages. Remember a goal here is to keep your readers on your page for as long as possible.
- Take advantage of social media and post your Evergreen writings on sites like Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Don't use a lot of personal references, people want to learn something, not read exactly what you did pertaining only to yourself
- Don't get overly emotional, but have a "voice" to your writing. Once you create a "sound" for your voice that is interesting, problem solving, and piques your readers interest, you're on the right track! Think "attitude and personality" when you're writing. When editing...listen for the over all tone and message in your work.
- When assembling your writing, ask yourself "what would I like to read and learn about, what topics will want to be read for years to come?"
- Don't solely focus on the all mighty dollar, it's true you don't have to be creative to be a great writer, but if you don't love what your doing, you'll find Evergreen writing to be more like work. You're more likely to make money when you don't focus only on income.
- Find a niche. If you love writing about home remedies, DO IT! If you love DIY projects, DO IT! Finding a niche builds credibility.
- Focus on your readers. If you are writing about weight loss or exercise techniques, write with what they'd love in mind.
- Don't get overly technical or boring, you'll lose your reader. Same goes for length, don't go blabbing on and on and on. Snore.
- Challenge the search engines by making great titles and research them before publication. Your title should be short (71 characters or less). Google and other search engines will typically show 71 characters in their search engine results pages.
- A great content writer, or Freelance writer should be able to summarize a unique original article of 500 words or more within an hour. Keep in mind the number of words in your article helps web crawlers find your work and crawl your pages.
- Don't give up or get discouraged right out of the gate. Creating a presence for yourself online takes time. Realistically, give yourself 1-2 years of consistent work before seeing exceptional rewards.
- Try to publish at least 2 original articles a month.
If all else fails...
If all else fails, just love what you're doing. Believe in yourself. Give your readers something to laugh about or learn from. As long as you keep those two key points in mind, it's almost impossible to fail as a great content writer.
© 2013 Rebecca
More by this Author
How easy is it to overdose on nicotine? Not as easy as one would think. Learn to recognize the warning signs and symptoms, as well as how to treat a potential overdose.
The English language is confusing and complex. Using words properly in an article can make it or break it. How to use to, too, your, you're and other goofy words properly...
With a little effort and practice, you can begin to easily see and read energy auras. Here's how.