Contest on an Interesting Question
UPDATE! CONTEST EXTENDED!!
Due to some initial problems getting the word out about the contest, it has been
EXTENDED until Friday, July 3.
All submissions must be received via a link in the comments section, no later than midnight between the 3rd and 4th of July, Pacific Daylight Time. (See link below for a global time zone converter.)
A Contest? Really?
I've seen a number of assorted contests and challenges posted on Hub Pages from time to time, and I decided to put up one of my own.
What's it About?
We'll get to that in a moment. I just want to set out the rules first.
1) Contest is open to current members of Hub Pages.
2) Only one entry per person (regardless of how many accounts they may have); this makes it easier on our volunteer judges.
3) Publish your entry as a hub, and put the link in the comments section on this hub.
4) I had originally stated that the only "prize" would be bragging rights. REVISION!! I have just been told that there will, indeed, be a prize!
5) Contest opens on Friday, June 12th, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time, and closes on Friday, June 26th at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Contest has been extended!! Final deadline is now Friday, July 3rd, at midnight, between the 3rd and 4th of July, Pacific Daylight Time.
To be exactly clear: you may not submit before the midnight boundary between the 11th and the 12th, and you may not submit after the midnight boundary between the 26th and 27th.
Time Zone Converter/Calculator
- Time Zone Converter
Easily convert your local time to contest time zone here!
I'm excited to say that two of our illustrious Hub Pages authors will be serving with me as co-judges; Bill Holland, a.k.a. Billybuc, and Shauna, a.k.a. bravewarrior.
The two other judges and I are offering a signed copy of one of our books as a prize for the best entry. That's three books, folks!
The lucky winner gets a copy of Shauna's "Hearts and Rainbows" book of poems, a copy of Bill's novel, "12/59 Shuttle From Yesterday to Today," and a copy of my book of poems, "Tales My Father Told."
Here Are the Entries:
- LEONARDO IN LONDON, SURFING: How would da Vinci react to today's internet? A response to a Challenge
A light-hearted response to a challenge from hubber dzymslizzy, to put da Vinci in the present time and see how he would cope with the internet. This was fun!
- Who Is Leonardo DiCaprio?
This short fiction story is my response to a writing challenge/contest. The hero of the story is Leonardo Da Vinci and this is my interpretation of him hypothetically travelling to the future.
Okay, Okay! Now What Are We Writing About?
Here's the challenge:
Create a Hub answering this two-part question that asks you to time travel in your mind, and project forward on behalf of another:
Part 1) "Do you think Leonardo da Vinci would be comfortable with the Internet?"
Part 2) "Why, or why not?"
That's it. Winner will be notified via Hub Pages e-mail service, if they have that enabled on their account. If you do not, no worries; in any case, check back after the contest to see the winner featured in the capsule below.
And the Winner Is...
We have our winner!
Congratulations to annart for her contribution of
"Leonardo in London, Surfing."
It was a tough call, between the two entries, and came down to a tiebreaker vote among the judges (exactly why there were three)!
© 2015 DzyMsLizzy
More by this Author
How did American English diverge from British English? What are the roots and history of the English Language?
Commonly misused, mixed-up, and mistaken words, with their proper spellings and definitions.
Plumber's snakes: how to use them for clearing simple clogs. Save yourself the cost of a plumber's visit. D.I.Y. household maintenance and repairs.