Count Your Blessings
It's not what you have in your life it's who you have that really counts.
Counting your blessings
Some say it's human nature to focus on the bad things that happen in life. I say, focus on the good things. Count your blessings and be thankful. What blessing you might ask? Everyone has blessing in their life. Be them little or large.
Suggestion of blessings to count:
- Family - this is a wonderful place to start. Most of us have family to be thankful for, ev3en if we don't get along.
- Health - it's a wonderful thing to have your health, many are less fortunate.
- Friends - this is a blessing that needs to be counted everyday. There's nothing like a true friend who cares for you.
- Memories - all of us have memories. Even if your head is filled with bad ones,, there must be a few good ones hiding in there.
- Laughter - all of us have had an occasion to laugh at one time or another. Focus on that time and be thankful for the laughter.
- Job - if you have a job in this day and age it's a thing to be thankful for. Any job, no matter how menial, is still a job.
- A Good Novel - it sounds funny but just reading is a blessing
- Your Brain - the ability to think is a wonderful thing.
- A good Cup of coffee - focus on the little things you enjoy.
- Rainbows - mother nature's beautiful apology for the storm.
- A warm bed - there are people who have no place to sleep.
- Love - everyone has loved at one time or another.
- Tears - it's a wonderful way of relieving emotions
- The Sun - it makes things grow.
- The Stars at night - they help to light your way and you can make a wish upon them.
- Oxygen - without it you can't breathe.
- Dogs - they are Man's Best Friend.
- Internet - without it I wouldn't be writing this and you wouldn't be reading it.
- Challenges - it's what makes you stronger.
- Mistakes - we've all made them It's how you learn.
This is by all means not a complete list of blessings that can be counted. There are so many things out there that are blessings in disquise. I''m sure you can come up with a whole list of them. Go ahead, try. When you start counting your blessings you'll find it;s hard to stop.
Count your blessings and your problems. If your problems outnumber you blessing, count again. Chances are the things you take for granted aren't added up.
- May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions. - Joey Adams
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Prayers go up and blessings come down. - Yiddish Proverb
- My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet. - Mahatma Gandhi
- Not in rewards, but in the strength to strive, the blessing lies. - J. T. Towbridge
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed. - Angel Blessing
Sometimes our greatest challenges turn out to be our greatest blessings.
- There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from. - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings. - Henry Ward Beecher
- A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world. - Joseph Addison
- An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. - Henry David Thoreau
Let all thy joys be as the month of May, And all thy days be as a marriage day. - Francis Quaries
Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. - W. T. Purkiser
If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier.
- "Did you count your blessings today"
Did you count your blessings today, be thankful for the sunshine as well as the rain. When God awakens me to a brand new and beautiful, I try to say a little prayer and count my blessings. I thank God for yet another day that I never saw before. ...
- Count Your Blessings
Today I am...content. I looked up that word and it means,
- Count Your Blessings Daily this New Year
Looking for a great way to start the New Year ? Make a resolution to count your blessings every day this new year. You will be amazed daily at all the things you are blessed with once you start counting them.
- Inspirational Thoughts To Start Your Day
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare to attempt them, but they are difficult because we do not dare to say so. ~ Seneca ~ We aim above the mark to hit the mark. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~ Success can happen anytime. ~ Unknown...
More by this Author
There are angels among us in every shape and form. They surround us with love and safety.
Included is a list of over 100 Victorian names and their meanings. Also find etiquette rules for both ladies and gentlemen.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.