Earning Money online from my Hobby – 50 Tips (Pt 1)
Writing is one of my Hobbies. This is my 50th Hub on HP, with tips particularly useful for Newbies. As for those who have been Writing for years, I am looking forward to learning more from you.
I have enjoyed writing and interacting and would like to share 50 Tips I have learnt on my Journey so far…. (30 in this Hub).
- Register with Google Adsense. A free program that earns you money from displaying Google Ads on your website.
- Register with Amazon Affiliates - another earning Program.
- Also, you can register with Ebay.
(you don’t have to register with all, but the potential is there for you to earn from them).
- Kontera – You can earn money with them, but if you don’t reach the benchmark in a month, they don’t carry the money over and you lose earnings. Its best to use it when you have lots and lots of Traffic.
- £$ Millions. Don’t expect to be a Millionaire in the first few months. Put in the time now and it will definitely start paying off later. Read this for inspiration 8 – Bloggers who are now Millionaires – but it started with small steps. Hubpages also have very successful bloggers, but I’ll let you do the research. For now, I'm just aiming for the Hundreds, maybe later, the thousands and then some.
- Free websites. Take advantage and write on maybe a particular hobby/thing that interests you. You can put Adsense on these sites and earn money. I have two.
Hublife in Hubpages
- Take an interest. Read other people’s hubs. – in most cases they will return the compliment. If you have lots of fans, still find the time to comment on their Hubs, especially the one’s who have just signed up to HP. I’m grateful for the people who did this for me when I was a HP baby. (not saying I’m an oldie now. Lol). It was very encouraging.
- Don’t spend all the time Hubbing – find more ways to get traffic and improve content.
- Composing. Split paragraph’s, so its easy to read – not one long block.
- Hubchallenges. Participate – I found this very rewarding and have since seen an increase in traffic and earnings.
- Forums. Visit from time to time. It’s interactive. Amongst interesting/funny topics, you can find out and share useful information.
- Help? Post your question in Forums and you’ll get an answer.
Mmmh. What's the First Lady writing?
- Researchyour Topic.
- Choose a good Title.
- Insert lots of tagsthat relate to the content.
- Don’t copyfrom text books or other websites.
- Adwords - Google Key word Tools.Sometimes useful, to see how popular keywords are.
- Ideas . Read magazines or visit the Idea Bank on HP.
- Check the latest Google Trends.(I would advise you to copy this link as it updates itself) If you click on it, in a months time, it will bring up trends for that month.
- Write for other websites. Redgage, Howtodothings.com, Squidoo, Ezine, Ehow etc etc.
- Copied content. If you have time check other websites to ensure your work isn’t copied there – so Google don’t flag you. This is becoming very rampant now. See example below. It also has ideas on how to deal with the problem.
- Work in Progress- have a notebook for potential hubs. You could write a topic on a page. Jot down a few notes. Come back to it in a few days, jot more and after a while, it will all fit in together - ready for publishing. Alternatively, save it as a Word doc.
- Grammar- Read and read again for grammar and spelling before publishing.
- Photo's– Take photo’s of everything and anything – especially when you travel. You never know which ones will come in handy for articles. This reduces using photo’s from the internet. You might even capture a special moment for a News Channel or Newspaper - wonders will never cease.
- Controversial Articles - Don't be hesitant to write them. If you’ve written it, then it must have been from the heart. I was nervous when I published Women and Naked Photos and Will you keep the Baby? but that was then.
- Twin Hubs – Sometimes split a topic into two. You do more justice to the topic and people can follow the link to the second part. Remember to put the links in. Example. A few of mine:
** Weddings – before you say I do / Weddings – Money Saving Ideas.
** Moving to London – Practical Guide / Moving to London – British Slangs.
** Teenage Files – Let’s talk about Sex / Teenage Files – A – Z Teen Guide.
** or Part 1 and Part 2.
- Search Engines – Submit your websites to various engines.
- Add your profile URL’s at the bottom of your auto signature in emails.
- Backlinks - Post your links on any other websites you have. If you don’t have any, post them on Redgage for free and earn. You can also write for Redgage. They are good. Also try, shetoldme.com.
- Where is the traffic coming from? Check progress of your Articles. Which articles are being read and which ones aren’t. Maybe tweak them. HP statistics helps. However, Google Analytics breaks it down more. It gives a more detailed report of your Traffic. Example below.
You can find out a lot of information e.g Referral sites are further broken down into the actual name of websites and also the Countries (see above, in dark green/light green) who are viewing your Hubs. The report above is for one day - in which people from America, Europe and some from Africa and Australia have viewed my Hubs.
I will publish the remaining 20 Tips in Part 2, otherwise this Hub will be too long and you'll be reading until the cows come home - as we say in London. It will also include a Cheque from Google and more things that I have learnt since writing this Hub.
Apart from writing on HP, I have also met many lovely people. Some are very encouraging, some supportive, some really tickle me, some I am in contact with outside HP and some unknowing to them, are Mentors to me. I’m glad my paths crossed with such people, I’m so tempted to write names, but you know who you are (except the Mentors) and I appreciate you, Thank you. Also, not forgetting Hubpages - Thanks for the opportunity.
** Want Increased Earnings?
Join me at TRIOND and earn more on Adsense and Page impressions (Articles can be as little as 100 Words) or just post Photos.•*♡✰
More Writing Tips....
- Writing Online 20 Practical Tips Learnt | Writinghood
Writing is a Hobby for me. I write for a few sites on the Internet and earn from it. Ive been writing for more than a year and have picked up so many Tips along the way. I will share some of them in this article and hope people who are considering wr
More by this Author
Men and rules for wearing a kilt.
A Poem - If everyone had a Money Tree. What difference it would make to the World. Aug 2010.
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.