Famous Appreciation Quotes About The Little Things In Life
Saint David of Wales
More than fifty Welsh churches in south Wales are dedicated to St. David. He introduced Christianity to pagan Celtic tribes of western Britain and he is the only Welsh saint canonized and culted in the Western Church. The first manuscripts recording his life came out nearly five hundred years after his death.
In his last Sunday sermon, Saint David from Wales said:
''Do the little things in life.''
Today this sentence is a very well-known phrase in Welsh and an inspiration for so many other people. These people share his view:
"Appreciate the little things in life quote" by famous women:
"Appreciate the little things in life quote" # 1-6:
- ''Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children.'' (Princess of Wales Diana)
- "I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." (Laura Ingalls Wilder)
- "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." (Mother Teresa)
- "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." (Mother Teresa)
- ''I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'' (Maya Angelou)
- ''Small kindnesses, small courtesies, small considerations, habitually practiced in our social intercourse, give a greater charm to the character than the display of great talents and accomplishments.'' (Mary Ann Kelty)
"Appreciate the little things in life quote" by famous men:
"Appreciate the little things in life quote" # 8-18:
- ''Little by little does the trick.'' (Aesop)
- ''Wellbeing is attained by little and little, and nevertheless is no little thing itself.'' (Citium Zeno)
- ''A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark.'' (Dante Alighieri)
- "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily." (Johann Schiller)
- "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together." (Vincent Van Gogh)
"Appreciate the little things in life quote" # 6-12:
- "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." (Antonio Smith)
- ''Do little things now; so shall big things come to thee by and by asking to be done.'' (Persian proverb)
- "Someone once said, ‘God is simple, all else is complex.’ The more attuned you become to God, the simpler and more beautiful your life becomes." (John Harricharan)
- ''I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.'' (Robert Brault)
- "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." (Robert Brault)
- ''So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.'' (Morrie Schwartz)
- ''For the person for whom small things do not exist, the great is not great.'' (Jose Ortega Y Gasset)
If you liked this "Appreciate the little things in life" quote list, don't forget to vote up and share the link with your social networks!
More Quotes By This User:
- 66 Inspirational Quotes
The following text includes 66 inspirational quotes about knowledge, learning and teaching, speaking languages, life experience, wisdom, talents and hard work. These quotes are the thoughts of great men and women with great accomplishments in life.
More by this Author
What is Suggestopedia? Georgi Lozanov developed Suggestopedia - the Accelerated Language Learning Method. However, he wasn't primarily interested in theory of language and learning.
By the 20th century the term gnome became largely synonymous with other terms referring to ´´little people´´ such as goblins, brownies, kobolds, leprechauns and German heinzelmännchen.
This article is for those learning and teaching German language - level A 1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (Council of Europe). It includes a few teaching and learning tips!