Fear of Failure Quotes and Sayings
Failure Quotes and Sayings
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
- There is no failure except in no longer trying. - Elbert Hubbard
- The more chance there is of stubbing your toe, the more chance you have of stepping into success. - Anonymous
- To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead. - Bertrand Russell
- If you are doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure. - Author Unknown
- I was never afraid of failure, for I would sooner fail than not be among the best. - John Keats
- It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. - Aesop
- No man is a failure who is enjoying life. - William Feather
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius
- Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most. - Dostoyevsky
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby
- It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Our doubts are our traitors, and make use lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespeare
- The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure. - Sven Goran Eriksson
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
- It is hard to fail, but it is wose never to have tried to succeed. - Theodore Roosevelt
- Failure is an event, never a person. - William D. Brown
- It is foolish to fear what you cannot avoid. - Publius Syrus
- You gain strength, courage and confidence by every expierence in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- There is much to be said for failure. It is more interesting than success. - Maz Beebohm
- Failure is nature's plan to prepare you for great responsibilities. - Napoleon Hill
- Our business in life is not to succeed, but to continue to fail in good spirits. - Robert Louis Stevenson
- Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic. - Anonymous
- Notice the difference between what happens when a man says to himself, "I have failed three times", and what happens when he says, "I am a failure." - S. I. Hayakawa
- Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street. - Zig Ziglar
- The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it. - Thucydides
- All of my successes have been built on my failures. - Benjamn Disraeli
- There are those who are so scrupulously afraid of doing wrong that they seldom venture to do anything. - Vauvenargues
- Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. - Henry Ford
- We learn wisdom from failure much more than success. We often discover what we will do, by finding out what we will not do. - Samuel Smiles
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure...it just means you haven't succeeded yet. - Robert Schuller
- Do one thing every day that scares you. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Not failure, but low aim, is a crime. - James Russell Lowe
- You always pass failure on the way to success. - Mickey Rooney
- To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself. - Soren Kierkegaard
- It is a mistake to suppose that people succeed through success; they often succeed through failures. - Author Unknown
- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison
Tips to Help Overcome Fear of Failure
- Think about the cost of missed opportunities
- Expect that you might fail
- Research all possible outcomes of you action
- Turn failure into a positive by making it a learning experience
- Don't take a failure personally
- Ask yourself: What is the worst thing that could happen if I fail?
- Have a second plan in case you do fail
- Remember, successful people fail
- Take action - start off one step at a time
- If you fail, try again
- Talk about your fear with someone you trust
Effect Of Fear Of Failure
- It persuades you to set easier goals
- It triggers your internal defense system and allows you to think yu have a perfectly good reason not to change
- It allows you to do less than you are capable of doing
- It reduces the number of alternatives you have and keeps you from pursuing them
- It causes indeciseveness
- It causes confusion
- It keeps you from know what you really want
- It warps your perception of life and what you can do to make it better
- It keeps you from asking for help when youneed it
- It keeps you from benefiting from emotional support when offered
- It keeps you from asserting yourself
- It persuades you to settle for less than you need to
- It keeps you from going after what you really want
- You develop unhealthy habits to calm fears (overeating)
- You develop behavior problems ( inability to trust)
- It often causes you to stop one step before realizing your goals
- It keeps you from taking risks
Hubs Concerning Fear
- Novel Solutions for Fear of Success and Fear of Fail...
Fear of Success and Fear of Failure--two monsters that are easy to scare away. Watch them run home crying when you employ these little-known techniques.
- Overcoming fear of failure - take control over your ...
Fear of failure prevents you from taking up responsibilities or doing anything with your life. How to overcome the fear of failure is described in a step by step process. Use Self-Affirmation to strengthen yourself.
- What Is the Connection Between Irrational Fear of Fa...
The Irrational fear of failure can prevent you from achieving the success you desire and deserve. Fear is an instinctive, protective reaction, but irrational fear is often the source of regret.
- How to Help Children Overcome Fear of the Water - Ju...
What parents often don't realize about children who are fearful of the water is that some very bright children often have more fear. That's because they are mature enough to know there is danger. Other...
- Natural Childbirth and Pain: How to Decrease the Fea...
Almost every pregnant woman is facing the birth fear at some stage of her pregnancy. This is perfectly normal. The top 2 reasons why women feel fear of giving birth are: Unknown situation. If...
- Transforming Anxiety, Fear and Anger
There exists an ancient spiritual truth that is validated by modern psychiatry today. If you do not have a place to park your anxiety, fear or anger, you are prone to project it upon others. Misdirected...
- Building self confidence - How to overcome the fear...
The fear of rejection is one of the most important causes for the eroding of self confidence. Fear of rejection causes people to be immobilized and prevents them from making something out of their lives. ...
More by this Author
Baby showers are fun and full of promise. A special gift at this time is especially appreciated.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.
The Supreme Court of the U.S. met for the first time on February 1, 1790. Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. Super Bowl XLIV will be held February 6th at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. On...