Finding Your Purpose
Finding Your Purpose And Earning In The Process
Do you know that you can actually earn from the results of your hard work in finding your purpose? And that is not the only goal that you will likely get in the process. If you feel like you are stuck in your current job, you have to rethink your life and where you are taking it. You are the driver of your own vehicle and you decide where you will go. But you are only human so you must be open for mistakes and other challenges that life may bring along your journey.
Living to earn is very different from earning a living. With the latter, you can be more adventurous. Life can be more fun, especially when you are pursuing the things that you really like and earning money in the process. This is the reason why people who have chosen an unlikely route just so they can earn good amount of cash will likely feel the downside of their decision at some point on their lives.
Are you at a place where you feel like you are already too comfortable? This is not really a good thing. If you have been working the same job, which was not what you really wanted to do deep in your heart, through time, you will be able to master the craft. You will know how to work your way through the job where you won’t get into any trouble. You will get your job done, you will be paid, then you will have to work over and over again the same tasks every day. This set up may be giving you enough money to live by. But are your living the life that you really wanted to attain? If not, then maybe it is time to get out of your comfort zone.
You have to take risks in order to know your capabilities. You must not be afraid to fail because that is part of the whole ballgame. You just have to learn from your own mistakes.
Earning from Your Passion
If you really love what you are doing, you will eventually excel on it. You can even pursue your passion as a side project aside from your real job. This is ideal for people who are afraid to lose their main source of income. Your passion can actually bring in more cash if you will be able to utilize them well to your advantage. For example, you are good in writing or painting. You only have to use your talents, hone them and soon enough, you will surprise everyone that your passion has led you to more profitable source of income.
If you will open yourself to these kinds of possibilities, there will come a time when you can comfortably choose your passion and drop the job that you don’t really like and earn as much as well. This is a very ideal situation because when you love what you are doing, it will show in the quality of work that you are producing. It will also reflect on how you live your life and your attitude towards anything that you may encounter as you go through it.
But setting the right goals and finding your purpose may not be as easy as it seems to be. You really have to think hard about it so that you can be led to the right course.
Finding your purpose Even if You Are Already Old
If you are at the point in your life when you feel like you are already too old to pursue the route in finding your purpose, stop the thought. No one is too old or neither too young to go where they really want to go. If you will surrender to defeat, you will never know what could have happened if only you have allowed yourself to take risks in order to attain what you heart wants you to.
Age doesn’t matter when it comes to pursuing what will make you feel complete. This is necessary so that when you finally cannot muster strength to move forward, you can always look back at your achievements with fulfillment in your heart.
Age Is Not a Factor
As you go through life, there are many phases that you have to conquer before you can proclaim success over various ventures. You may have different priorities when you were younger, which may be the reason why you have not really focused into realizing what your real passion is. This can be easy and this can be done. But life gets more complicated as you age, reason why you tend to neglect to remember what you really want to achieve in the first place.
When you were young, you think that you have to succeed no matter what. This is an ideal mindset because you owe it to the people who helped raise you up to be better and to excel in whatever path you have chosen to walk on. And in order to succeed, some people choose to set aside their inner longings to give in to the opportunities that are being presented to them the moment that they need these. They grab on to these opportunities thinking like after they have earned good money and saved up a lot, they will go back to what they really want and pursue their passion.
Some people never get the chance to look back. Once they feel like they are already settled in the environment that they have chosen to be in, they fear that they will lose everything if they will let it go to pursue something that they are not really sure what the outcome will be. So they decide to stay in the place where they are even though they feel like they are stuck with it. If you are doing something that you don’t really like, you will feel like life is dragging you to do things. You are creating your own prison where you are making calculated moves and you know exactly what to do whenever anything goes wrong.
Once you get too comfortable with this scenario, you will likely be afraid to come out of it. So you have to take a risk before you get into such state. If you will allow yourself to be a prisoner of that situation where you are being driven by money, you will find it to go back to the point when you have promised your passion that you will get back at it. That promise is important because you owe it to yourself to make this happen. This way, once you are old and you have accomplished so much, you will see light on what really matters if you have followed your guts to lead you in fulfilling your dreams.
finding your purpose can still be achieved even if you are already old. You just have to set your heart and mind to it to be able to attain your goals.
How to find your purpose
Following your passion brings personal power and awakens yourself to the beauty of the world. It leads you to the heart of spiritual journey as it changes your thoughts, perceptions, and feelings. finding your purpose does not promise an easy life rather a rich life open to hopes and possibility.
1. Speak your truths clearly – To find your purpose you must speak your truths and ready yourself to new adventures. Know what really matter to you? What truly makes you happy? Know the things you do best and makes you feel complete.
2. Be open for support – You must also keep in mind that you are not an isolated being ñ you need the support of family, friends and positive-minded social circle that will help you reach your goals.
3. Open up your senses – When you open up your senses, you tend experience Godís blessings and you feel more peaceful and serene. This allows you to be more patient and be reminded the cycle of nature. When you experience this you become more positive and calm.
4. Give yourself a time for pleasure – Waking up in the morning away from busy schedules and having the freedom to do the things that brings you pleasure? To find your purpose you must allow yourself a time for pleasure. For many people, allowing pleasures induces guilt as it is not productive and hinders you from getting important things accomplished. But this view of pleasure is actually a matter of opinion. Gentle pleasures are good to your health and are productive. By allowing yourself time for pleasure you become more focused and passionate in your job.
5. Liberate yourself – A person who finds her passion is a truly wise person. Doing a work that reflects your personality and values promises you a lifelong happiness and contentment. It is easier and liberating when we accept who we are and we allow other people to accept us too. The human psyche is a holistic system, to numb one part of our being is to numb the rest and create constant struggle (Finding Joy, 15).
6. Feed yourself with affirmations – Affirmations are important in finding your purpose in life as it makes you feel secure and optimistic about reaching your goals. A lot of people donít get to their destinations out of fear of failure. You should allow yourself to get upset by some downturns but remind yourself to pull yourself together past and get on track again. Some people might influence you into thinking negative. Itís not so easy to shut them out of your life. But itís easier to practice blocking the negative energies that they bring into your life. It keeps your sanity.
finding your purpose is an endless song. When you do the things that you are passionate about you allow you let your life to flourish. You let yourself connect to everything you are ñ in mind, in heart, and in spirit. You are a stronger that can face challenges better because you are reinforced by being able to do the things you love. You feel more alive, positive, self-respecting, and determined. You live your life with confidence and high morale. And you feel you are contributing goodness and positivism to the people in your life.
Understanding Your Strengths and Values: Key to finding your purpose at Work
Knowing yourself and feeling confident about yourself helps a lot in finding your purpose at work. This begins with accurate understanding of your strengths and values ñ itís what makes you feel good about yourself. The process starts by evaluating the factors that molded your personality ñ family, experiences, education, and trainings. Majority of your strengths and values can be determined even at young age. Some are product of your parentsí upbringing while some are product of unfulfilled needs you try to reinforce as you grow mature. Knowing your top top-five strengths and values gives you a template by which you measure choices in your career and personal life. Being successful at work means you can freely use all of these strengths as well as fulfill your values.
When your act is not reflected with your strengths and values, what do you feel? Useless and powerless? You fail when you find yourself in a work that tells so little about your values, your thought and feelings. When you are in this kind of situation, you feel tied up in a routine that is too far from your own personality. You will usually feel bored and unfulfilled. You donít look forward to exciting and adventurous days. You feel trapped and always wish for vacations, day-offs and lunch breaks. Regardless of how much money you make, when you deny your thoughts and feelings ñ your work is difficult and boring.
The best time to determine your strengths and values are when you are honest and direct. By accepting your feelings you reveal so much of your potentials and possibilities in life. It is also important to become proud of yourself. Some people hide their true strengths out of fear of rejection. Your power lies in your uniqueness and powerful people are confident about their self even if itís about negative or positive one. To find your purpose at work you must resist the urge of comparing yourself to others as it limits your choices and career development.
Your hobbies and interests tell so much about your strengths and values. We take pleasures in the things we do such as reading, gardening and traveling. The things you do naturally and effortlessly motivate and empower you. Pleasurable experiences are either academic or non-academic. When you enjoy yourself doing something, your personal strengths are clearly manifested. Remind yourself of the times you feel so happy at work? What are the values and strengths that were so evident from you?
Values change over time but there are some that remains imbedded in our personality. These values reflect what you think is good and worthwhile. Of all human activities, work has the potential of fulfilling your personal values and defines your career choices. When you are true to yourself and passionate with your values you are most likely to find yourself in the work you love and enjoy. Most of your values are evident in the things you do and say. While there are some that comes into the open under certain circumstances.
Now that you have assessed your strengths and values, you already can determine your parameter when looking for new employer or job. Make sure the values and strengths you have are in line with your job or employer. In finding your purpose at work it is important to be able to fully share the values and strengths important to you.
Know What Really Matters and Find Your Purpose
What are the things that really matters to you at work? How do you define success at work? Majority of the working people confess to experience a disconnection between having a job and doing what they are really passionate about. Many of these people are experiencing irregular sleeping habits, stress, and left for years wondering what really matters in their life. Since work is not just an eight-hour interruption of the day and you spend most of waking hours on it, it is important to start finding your purpose and incorporate it in your job. Whether you like it or not, you are affected by choices you make at your job. How you act at work is often the most documented record of who you are, what you stand for, and what you believe.
For you to feel what really matters it is important that you can clearly determine the how, when, and why of the discovery of finding joy, serenity, and fulfillment in life. Firstly, you must find yourself. Many people already knows what really matters to them but are clouded with daily excuses and conflicting priorities that restricts them from following their lifelong wishes. If you want to find your purpose you must let your heart and true calling guide you.
Ask yourself these questions: ìWhat made your greatest work experience so great? What made your worst experience so bad? What is the most important thing missing from your life right now? Who is most important to you? What lesson has served you best throughout your career? What message has been bouncing inside your head for the past year? Who influenced you the most?î (What is Your Lifeís Work by Bill Jensen, 60). The answers to these questions are the lessons you learned in your work life. Ponder on them; it will keep you always on track to your passions in life.
You never get back the time you spent to the company. Time is precious and every day you are asked to make thousand of choices that defines who you are. Finding the choices that really matter to you will help you not to waste your precious time in life. So you must choose wisely! Be aware and clear. Know and claim the choices that lead you to your passion.
The things we do at work transforms the way other people view us. Does your work reflect your true personality? Or your everyday choices at work allow you to be true to yourself? If you want to life your life to the fullest, have the courage to be true to your passion and find the job that gives you the opportunity to do it.
Follow your heart and dreams and strive on finding your purpose. When you do this, you will experience a transformational leap of knowing yourself and connection to the universe. Each person has a unique final discovery of their passion but it truly determines who you want to be. World-renowned essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson has sum up the things that defines an individualís success, you might find inspiration thru his words:
To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
Popular Gurus Tackling About finding your purpose
There are so many leadership speakers, psychologists, spiritual guides, authors, writers and specialists that will guide and help you in finding your purpose. Itís a lifelong journey they say and each person consciously or unconsciously is in constant struggle to this journey. Here are some of the popular gurus in the country which you can contact to attend discussions and self-improvement workshops:
1. Bill Jensen is an information architect and internationally renowned speaker with thirty years of experience in consulting. Aside from ìWhat Is Your Lifeís Workî he had also authored three other books: The Simplicity: The New Competitive Advantage, The Simplicity Survival Handbook, and Work 2.0. His book ìWhat Is Your Lifeís Workî is a reminder of how short and precious our lives are and thus we need to recover our wisdom and work that brings us happiness and fulfillment. The book detailed some cherished exchanges between mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, and caring teammates and friends all sharing their thoughts and experiences at work and life in general. His first book ìSimplicity: The New Competitive Advantage has been printed in over 15 languages and was among Amazonís Best List Leadership/Management book in the year 2000. He is base in Morristown, NJ.
2. Janet Quinn, Ph.D. is a registered nurse and distinguished researcher of Therapeutic Touch. Her book ìI Am a Woman Finding My Voice: Celebrating the Extraordinary Blessings of Being a Woman is her first published book. It is a book of affirmations especially made for women which invites readers to reflect and find their passion in life. It draws readers to find inner space of solitude to become completely aware of oneís essential being.
3. Charlotte D. Kasl is a feminist, social justice activist and psychologist. Among her published books are ìFinding Joy,î ìMany Roads One Journ,î ìWomen, Sex, Addiction.î ìFinding Joyî is a spiritual guidebook that shows readers to live a more balanced and richer life. Her another book that talks about finding your purpose is ìMany Roads One Journ,î another guidebook with 12-step program that offers help to readers to draw on the steps underlying wisdom based on personal beliefs and strengths. Charlotte believes of living life one day at a time. She says,î the only sure path is to live consciously, moment to moment, as you let go of the outcome.î
4. Nancy Anderson is a career consultant living in California. She is renowned for her book ìWork with Passion: How to Do What You Love for a Living published in year 2004. In 1976, she begun as career consultant and shared firm with two fiends. After five successful years in the business, she decided to put uo her own consulting business at which she also started working on the book ìWork with Passionî based on her own and clientsí experiences.
5. Chris Widener is a well known author and speaker. He has been in the business of public speaking and leadership training for twenty years. He founded the ìMade for Successî a leading personal development companies. He has authored nine books including ìThe Angel Inside,î a New York Times Bestseller about a young man in search of lifeís meaning and purpose. Unexpectedly, in his last tour in Europe, he met an old man who had led him to the discovery on the art and life of Michaelangelo. The artist and the artwork helped him to realize the hidden potential that exists in him. If you are in the process of finding your purpose, this book is a great inspiration that will make you feel you are not alone in this quest.
Secrets on finding your purpose at Work
finding your purpose at work is the key to ensure lifelong happiness, contentment and good health. When you love what you do, it matters less how much money you have in the bank. You look forward each day that comes with zest and excitement. You feel your work and everything else in life is full of adventure, opportunities and satisfaction. You are at your best health, you sleep well, and you feel rejuvenated and inspired.
Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky had similar opinions on this effect on a working individual. While he was in prison for expressing negative views against the authorities, he was moved by the misery of prisoners who were tasked to transfer a huge pile of sand all day. He had observed that this group of prisoners was the one who tried to escape thru the electrified barbed-wire fence or committed suicide. The other group of prisoners on the other hand was tasked to build a railroad. They appear to be happier and satisfied, in fact he had heard them singing while at work.
find passion at work, you must be in the right job where you are given
the freedom to become a better and wiser person than you are at the
And to find the right job, you must be honest with your feelings and thoughts. You must know the things that matter to you and that will really make you happy and content. Take time to incorporate your thoughts and feelings, your sense of individuality, your weaknesses, strengths, the thing that annoy you, excites you, and what you do effortlessly and naturally. Knowing what you want and having the courage to go for it helps your mind and feelings accomplish your objective.
You must also make sure that the work you have provides your needs. Many people quit their jobs because they feel unappreciated, too busy and drained (signs of poor boundaries), unchallenged, and more. It is important for you to examine your needs as it is similar to having the right nutrients in your diet. Fine-tuning your personal needs with the rewards of work gives you security and contentment. Thus, making you more inspired and motivated.
A work with passion is a work that expresses love. This love is not the romantic love but the love that is conduit to expressing goodwill to others and the community and yet you get paid at the same time. When your work is one that spread the love to others, you feel prouder of yourself. To find passion at work, you can re-examine your roles and how it contributes for greater work. Then, remind yourself of those thoughts every now and then.
Some fears are born from abuses and mistreatment we have received from our parents, teachers, former employers, co-workers and other people. These fears oftentimes restrict us to become completely happy and passionate about our work. A lot of people feel empty because they are guilty of the past. They feel there is no possibility of finding the work they love and thus, they only give half of their hearts to it. finding your purpose at work also means letting go of the monsters of the past. When you liberate yourself from negative thoughts out of unpleasant past experiences, you will become more open to experiences that will transform you to a more mature individual ñ someone that is willing to accept responsibility of changing her life thru her own hands and cooperate with positive people to achieve mutually desirable goals.
Things to Accomplish in finding your purpose
The meaning of success depends on the person who is asked to define such. For some, this all boils down in finding your purpose. And once that is achieved, they already feel successful with whatever ventures they have decided to take. But this is not as easy as you think it is.
When you are young, you think that anything is possible. As you dare to try things, you will achieve what you want to happen eventually. If you are older and you find yourself stuck at a point where you feel like you have nowhere else to go, this may be harder. You have to clear your mind of all the negativity that clouds your emotions. You need to take bigger risks and claim more than what you think you deserve.
Steps towards Your Goal
However hard the road ahead of you seems to be in order for you to get nearer to your passion, you must always be ready to take the necessary steps towards it. Here are some things that you can do in this regard to help you with where you eventually would want to go.
1. You must engage yourself in a self assessment process. You have to think about things. What have you gone through to reach this point in your life? Where are you right now? And what else do you want to happen? How do you perceive yourself two to three years from now? If that is not possible to happen that soon, what do you want to be maybe five or 10 years after?
After you have clearly seen the person that you want to be after the years that you have allotted for you to achieve that, you must look into the steps that you are undertaking to make sure that it will happen. You must review the steps that you are doing to make sure that you will become that person.
You will feel it inside you if you want to accomplish something so bad that you are willing to do anything to get there. This is when you feel like you have no more time for other things that won’t help in order to become who you eventually want to be. One sign that you are at this point in your life is when you start reading articles and topics that can help you be more aware about your goals and ways to get there.
2. Your goals must be very clear to you. You know what you want to happen. You know how to get there. Verbalize your thoughts. Is that what you really want to achieve? Your words should match exactly how you feel.
3. You must not be too hard on yourself. You should keep your goals simple. And you must set each step that you will undertake easier to accomplish. This way, you will not easily give up when you are presented with unexpected situations.
Once you have settled your mind in doing the necessary steps for you to reach the goals that you have set for yourself, just proceed with it. You should not stop no matter what happens. This is something that you have to do in order to be at a happier and more fulfilled state.
After you have taken the steps in finding your purpose, you must cherish your actions. You should also take good care of whatever you will eventually achieve to make sure that your hard work is rightly rewarded.
Vital Tips in finding your purpose
Some people take a lifetime in realizing what they really want to do and where they want to take their journey. It will be best if you will know the essentials in finding your purpose while you are still young. This way, you will have lots of time to fulfill whatever you want to achieve and enjoy its effects and benefits as well.
It is not that easy to know what you really want to do for the rest of your life. There are people who end up pursuing a very unlikely route while giving in to what they really want to achieve whenever they have time for it. The reason for such varies. For some, they want to pursue their passion only after they have gone through several failures.
To help you in this regard, here are some tips that you can follow.
1. You should look at things around you. Determine what or who inspire you to achieve whatever goals that you have in mind. They can be your loved ones or a specific person that encourages you to be better. These can also be things. What are the objects that create some sparks and enhance you to move forward? Use these objects and people in order to find out for yourself what you really want to happen. You can list down the things and people or places that may come to your mind when you are thinking about this so that you will keep track of what really matters to you.
2. Think about happy thoughts. Reminisce about the times when you were most happy in your life. What brought about such happiness? What made you happy? And while you are at it, you should also think about when was the last time when you experienced such moment. If it has already been a long time, what do you think caused such state?
3. You have to go back to the things that ignited your passion in the past. Read your favorite book. This may be a great time to find console digging through self-help books. This is especially true if you cannot talk to anyone close to you regarding the matter in ways that you hope to be understood.
4. If you are stuck in a job that you detest and your only reason why you are doing that is for money, then you will have a harder time in getting to know where your real passion lies. You may want to look back at the point before you entered this job. What were you back then or what were you thinking to achieve at that point? If you have already saved enough, you may want to consider quitting your current job. This way, you can allot more time in pursuing the things that you really want before it is already too late.
5. You have to be open to whatever possibilities life may bring. You need to expect more than what you already have for you to acquire such and reach a level beyond your comfort zone. This can be done by being bold enough to take a risk at a time. It doesn’t matter how small or how big it is. Once you start following your heart and mind to reach to the point where you think you will be happy and satisfied, you are on the right track. And finding your purpose will be easier in the long run.
Ways to Help You in finding your purpose
It may be easy to say that you are ready to make certain steps in finding your purpose. But once you have set your mind to do these, you will soon realize that nothing is really simple and easy when it comes to this. There are so many things to think about and issues to be settled before it finally becomes clear what you really want to achieve.
Take One Step at a Time
To make sure that you will get to your goal no matter how long it takes, you should take the necessary steps to get there. The first thing that you have to fully understand is where you are going to. You have to define that goal. What do you really want to achieve? At this point, you must answer truthfully. You cannot aim to be a gold medalist in swimming when you donít even know how to swim.
To help you in setting your goals, it will be best if you fully understand your strengths and weaknesses. You should comprehend all your limitations. You must not be too hard on yourself by wanting something that you donít have the capacity to attain.
After you have defined your goals, it will be easier to plan how you are going to get there. But before you get serious with that, you have to analyze your current situation. Are you happy with where you are at? Because if you are, maybe you should rethink why would you still want to go on a different path?
On the other hand, if you feel like you are stuck on your current job and the circumstances where you are at, then you no longer have to think about what you should do. This is a very good sign that you have to move on. You have to get out of your current situation before it gets too late. Sometimes, people become too comfortable being in the zone where they are not required to excel. That should not be the case. This only means that you are no longer allowing yourself to grow. And when that happens, you may lose track of the goals that you have set to achieve.
When you have reached the point that you have forgotten about what you really want to attain, you must check on your old self. Go back to the point when you were still not where you are right now. Who are you back then? What did you dream of becoming and achieving at that point in your life? What were the things that made you happy and made you feel inspired? After realizing what you have missed, you must then think about what went wrong and what happened which caused for you to take a different route, farther than where you really would want to be.
Expand Your Horizon
No matter how young or how old you are, you still have chances to correct your mistakes. You still can take action in finding your purpose. You can always go back to the point when you have chosen to turn right when you were supposed to turn left. Go back at that point in your life. And this time, make sure that you will take the direction to the left with a more positive attitude that this is really where you want to be.
No comments yet.