Forgiveness Quotes and Sayings
- Most of us can forgive and forget, we just don't want the other person to forget that we forgave. ~ Ivern Ball
- Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. ~ Arthur Ward
- Forgiving is not forgetting. It's just letting go of the hurt. ~ Unknown Author
- To forgive all is as inhuman as to forgive none. ~ Seneca
- Forgive and Forget. ~ Proverb
- How unhappy is he who cannot forgive himself. ~ Publilius Syrus
- Forgiveness is the economy of the heart...forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the wasste of spirits. ~ Hannah Morre
- To carry a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee. ~ William H. Walton
- There is no point in burying a hatchet if you're going to put up a marker on the site. ~ Sydney Harris
- People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than for being right. ~ Joanne Kathleen Rowling
- Unforgiveness is the poison you drink every day hoping that the other person will die. ~ Debbie Ford
- It is a very delicate job to forgive a man without lowering him in his own estimation and your too. ~ Henry Wheeler Shaw
- My desire is to stand up and brush myself off when I make mistakes and ask for forgiveness. ~ Janine Taylor
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- We achieve inner health only through forgiveness - the forgiveness not only of others but also ourselves. ~ Joshua Loth Liebman
- If we practice and eye for an eye and a toothe for a tooth, soon the whole world will be blind and toothless. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- What do we call love, hate, charity, revenge, humanity, forgiveness? Different results of the master impulse, the nessity of securing one's self-approval. ~ Mark Twain
- Forgiveness is the answer to the child's dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is make clear agin. ~ Dag Hammarskjold
- It's easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~ William Blake
- The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wize forgive but do not forget. ~ Thomas S Szasz
- Without forgiveness life is governed by... an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation. ~ Robert Assagioli
- A reconciled friend is a double enemy. ~ Proverb
- Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. ~ Thomas A Kempis
- Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hate. It is a power that breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness. ` William Arthur Ward
- Lack of forgiveness causes almost all of our self-sabotaging behavior. ~ Mark Victor Hansen
- Christmas gift suggestions: To you enemy, forgiveness. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every shild, a good example. To yourself, respect. ~ Oren Arno
- There is no love withour forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love. Bryant H. McGill
- Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast. ~ Marlene Dietrich
- Men forget but never forgive. Women forgive but never forget. ~ Unknown Author
- Forgiving means letting go of the past. ~ Gerald Jampolshy
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world. ~ Marianne Williamson
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~ Honor de Balzac
- To forgive is human, to forget devine... ~ James Grand
- To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. ~ Lewis B. Smedes
- It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission. ~ Grace Hopper
- Forgiveness is the oil of relationships. ~ Josh McDowell
- Forgive people with cheer once, forgive them thereafter with pity. ~ Greg Evans
- Life is an adventure in forgiveness. ` Norman Cousins
- Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were. ~ Unknown Author
- To forgive is the highest most beautiful form of love. In return you will recieve untold peace and happiness. Robert Muller
- Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. ~ Paul Boese
- Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge. ~ Isaac Friedmann
- Forgiveness is not an emotion, it's a decision. Unknown Author
- Forgiveness... is a willingness to get over what you think should have happened and an acceptance of the reality of what actually happened. ~ Rhonda Britten
- He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. ~ Oscar Wilde
- If I die, I forgive you. If I live we shall see. ~ Spanish Proverb
- Forgiveness is the needle that knows how to mend. ~ Jewel
- Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~ Peter Ustinov
- Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself. ~ Harriet Nelson
- Forgiveness Boot Camp
You can do it! "Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a permanent attitude." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Why call this boot camp? Well, I want to get the point across as being totally, unmercifully serious. I am insinuating here that...
- Benefits of Forgiveness
The effects of forgiveness are being studied by many researchers and, whether you are religious or not, it has many benefits.
- How to Forgive From the Heart - Main Technique (Part...
This article walks you through step-by-step on how to truly forgive anyone, for anything...even yourself.
- I Forgive You, Do You Forgive Me?
I received a message in the comment section of my hub: http://koffeeklatchgals.hubpages.com/hub/Forgiveness-Quotes-and-Sayings I was intrigued by the thought of a positive, uplifting documentary which would give people a chance to forgive and be...
- How To Forgive, Tips and Quotes
bing.com/images To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. - Lewis B. Smedes I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note -...
More by this Author
Baby showers are fun and full of promise. A special gift at this time is especially appreciated.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.