Free Online Bibliography Makers : How to Write an Easy Bibliography!
Save time with these free online bibliography makers
Most young college students know about the incredible tool that you can use on your next research paper. I learned about it my freshman year. My professor reiterated again and yet again, how "lucky you kids are to have these things, I used to spend HOURS slaving over how to correctly do the formatting".
What are these incredible tools? Free online bibliography makers. They will change your life. I'm writing this article as I know that there are still people out there that aren't aware of these free resources.
There are a few older ladies in one of my history courses this semester and last week, I saw that they actually had books on "How to Format Your Bibliography". I asked what they were using the book for and they said "for the bibliography, of course!". I smiled and pulled out my notepad and scribbled down a few web addresses for each of them. "Try these; they will save you hours."
Benefits of Using a Bibliography Maker Online
- Saves your work for later.
- Saves time required of entering sources into multiple places.
- Reduces chances of choosing the wrong type of source.
- Checks for proper punctuation and grammar.
- Saves many hours of looking up whether or not the author's name should go before the page number or if the title should be underlined. This can get frustrating!
The Best Free Online Bibliography Tool?
Easybib.com's currently my favorite free online bibliography tool.
How it works:
- Select your format (MLA, APA or Chicago)
- Select your source type - hundreds of options
- Fill in all the information that it asks you for.
- Click continue and the source will be added to your list.
- Keep adding sources until you're done.
- Export your list to Word and into the end of your paper.
One other free version that you can use is NoodleBib Express. The regular version has a small fee, however many high schools, universities and colleges offer it free of charge to students. Check with your institution's library department.
Different Styles of Bibliography Formats
Entering in sources into online bibliography makers is easy. But you do need to know what format you should use.
Three formats you can use:
- MLA Format
- APA Format
Depending on the course, your instructor will typically have a preferred format that he or she prefers for your paper. If they do not tell you, always ask. I've been told by professors that it impresses them when students think to ask about which format is preferred. Typically, for classes other than English or writing, the professors will not have much of a preference and you can choose your favorite format.
Good luck with your writing assignment!
More by this Author
Netflix is one of my absolute favorite services that I subscribe to each month. Aside from my cellphone and my internet subscriptions, I would say Netflix is my third "most needed" service! That being said, it...
This article is the third in my series on low calorie and healthy eating for every meal of the day. Selecting delicious and easy low calorie meals can sometimes prove difficult, but I've compiled a list of some of my...
Find out the basics of weight loss.