Goals Quotes, Quotes and More Quotes
What are goals and why do you need them?
Goals are your hopes and dreams formed into a plan for your future. Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years? What is it you want for yourself? What kind of career, type of lifestyle, personal fulfillment? What are you doing to achievement them?
For those of us that have been on this earth for a good bit of time - it's never too late to fine tune or even change your goals. I am a firm believer in not giving up. If something is not working, sit back, relax and examine the whole situation. Maybe it's not what you really want but what you feel you should want. For you to be able to accomplish your goals they need to be your goals, not someone else's.
How do you go about setting up goals? Well, there's a few simple steps you need to follow. First you need to have a goal that you are passionate about. You also need a goal to achieve something that you know something about. I mean, if your a quarterback you don't want to make a goal to become the best ballerina there ever was. Or if you can't add 2 + 2 you don't want to have the goal of being a super-duper accountant.
Next you need to cut yourself some slack. You need to remember that you can't accomplish great things overnight. It takes a lot of time and effort. I mean, Rome wasn't built in a day. That leads me to the point where I let you know that it's marvelous to have great big goals but you will have a very hard time reaching them if you don't sprinkle the path with small goals. In other words, take it one stp at a time. If you want to write a novel you can't just jump into it. you have to be able to write. Start off with smaller projects. Write a short story or a magazine article. Send it in and see if you have any luck. Work up from there.
Make sure you allow yourself to make mistakes. None of us is perfect. So know that you will make mistakes along the way. Relax, it's how we learn. When you do make a mistake it is very important to own up it it. No excuses. If you didn't make mistakes you would be human.
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. - Les Brown
- No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more than pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto. - W. Clement Stone
- The victory of success is half won when ones gains the habit or setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams. - Og Mandino
- A goal without a plan is just a wish. - Larry Elder
- A dream collage is pictures of your goals. It is like your future photo album. - Bo Bennett
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. - Mark Twain
- Goals not only help you develop initial motivation by making your dreams obtainable, but they also help you continue to be motivated and that creates momentum. - Napolean Hill
- Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of life well lived. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Winners must have two things: definite goals and a burning desire to achieve them. - Anonymous
- Many are stubborn in the pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in pursuit of the goal. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. - Larry Bird
- People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. - Earl Nightingale
- The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a past of it. - Charles DeLint
- You have to find out what's right for you, so it's trial and error. You are going to be alright if you accept realistic goals for yourself. - Teri Garr
- In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it. - Robert Heinlein
- Begin with the end in mind. - Stephen Covey
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Life the life you've imagined. - Henry David Thoreau
- Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- There's nothing but nothing like a written down goal to stretch a man to a bigger size. - Unknown
- Some people are so afraid of getting to know themselves they live and define their lives through the dreams and goals of others. - Darren L. Johnson
- Goals provide the energy source that powers our lives. One of the best ways we can get the most from the energy is to focus it. That is what goals can do for us; concentrate our energy. - Denis Waitley
- When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by drams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life. - Greg Anderson
- In achieving your goals, you may run into roadblocks. Don't let that stop you, go around, over or under.If you are committed to your goal, you will find a way. - Catherine Pulsifer
- Remember that goals are your goals! As you work towards their achievement, you are in fact controlling what you want to do, not dancing to someone else's fiddle. - goal4success
- Discipline is the bridge between gaols and accomplishment. - Jim Rohn
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things. - Albert Einstein
- What you get when achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. - Zig Ziglar
- You may not accomplish every goal you set -- no one does -- but what really matters is having goals and going after them wholeheartedly. - Le4s Brown
- Permit no one to dissuade you from pursuing the goals you set for yourself. Do not fear to pioneer. To venture down new paths of endeavor. - Ralph J. Bunche
- Be resolute in your goals, but flexible in your tactics. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- You should set your goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for. - Ted Turner
- Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. - Vincent Van Gogh
- If you're bored with life, if you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do something, you don't have enough goals. - Lou Holtz
- Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals. - Aristotle
- Life's up's and down's provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want. - Marsha Sinetar
- If you have built castles in the air, you work need not be lost;that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. - Henry David Thoreau
- Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. - Brian Tracy
- The most important thing about goals is having one. - Geoffry F. Albert
- A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. - Bruce Lee
- While intent is the seed of manifastation, action is the water that nourishes the seed. Your actions must reflect your goals in order to achieve true success. - Steve Maraboli
- Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality. - Ralph Marston
- People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Unknown
- Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. - Pamela Vaull Starr
- People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals - that is, goals that do not inspire them. - Tony Robbins
- We find no real satisfaction or happiness in life without obstacles to conquerand goals to achieve. -
- You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-term failures. - Charles C. Noble
- Pursue your goal. Opinions be damned. - Stacy Verdick Chase
- It must be borne in mind that the tragedy in life does not lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy in life lies in having no goal to reach. - Benjamin E. Mays
- The one who makes a success of lving is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication. - Cecil B. DeMille
- Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal; my strength lies solely in my tenacity. -Louis Pasteur
- Goals allow you to control the direction of change in you favor. - Brian Tracy
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is not path, and leave a trail... - Unknown
- When you're setting goals for yourself, it's not enough to just get there; you have to enjoy the ride. - Auntie Sparknotes
- Don't let life change your goals, because achieving your goals can change your life. - Unknown
- Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon. - Unknown
- Write it down. Written goals have a way of transforming wishes into wants; can'ts into can's; dreams into plans; and plans into realities. Don't just thinki it -- ink it. - Unknown
- How to Track & Achieve Goals the Fun Way!
Creative and fun ways to work toward achieving your goals. Learn different ways to track your progress and how to share a goal with others!
- How to Set Smart Personal Financial Goals
What's keeping you from getting rich? It might be lack of clear and realistic financial goals. A guide on how to set and achieve smart financial goals, and track your progress.
- 10 Professional Goals to Boost Your Career!
It is no secret that the economy is stagnant. Not only is getting a job tough - but keeping one is more difficult due to enormous competition. The business world going into 2012 is cut throat. There are more people with higher education saturating...
- How To Achieve Your Dreams And Goals In Life
Oh yes, everyone has dreams and goals in their life that they want to achieve, but are you willing to go that extra mile or two to achieve them? So many people have big dreams and goals in their life but something always seems to hold them back...
More by this Author
There are angels among us in every shape and form. They surround us with love and safety.
Baby showers are fun and full of promise. A special gift at this time is especially appreciated.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.