HOW TO OVERCOME SATAN
Satan can only be overcome by the blood of Jesus Christ. Unless we are children of God and we rely on the power of Jesus, we will not be able to conquer the craftiness of the devil. God will cast out evil in the name of Jesus if we believe and have faith in Christ. A Christian must be submissive to God and the devil will flee from us. When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness, Satan departed from Him when He submitted to the will of God. Jesus has shown us the way to escape from evil and we should do likewise.
A. Overcome By the Blood of Jesus Christ
1. Colossians 1:13,14
- Delivered by the Blood Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
2a. Matthew 12:28
- Cast out by the Spirit of God
- But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
b. Romans 8:13
- ... but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
3a. James 4:7
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
b. Mt 4:7-11
Jesus' submission to God
- ... Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. ... Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
B. Must be Perfect and Sanctified
We must be pure and sanctified, otherwise God will not grant our wishes.. Why would God listen to you if you do not obey Him,
1. Mt 5:27,28 - Inward Purity Enjoined
- Thou shalt not commit adultery. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committeth adultery with her already in his heart.
2. 1 John 2:15,16
- Do not love the world
- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world... For all that is in the world, ... is not of the Father, but is of the world.
3. 1 Cor 6:9,10
- Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
b. 2 Tim 2:19
- And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
C. Must be Truthful and Faithful
Speak the Truth
Christians must be truthful and faithful to Christ in all matters in the world. We cannot vacilliate.
1a. Zech 8:16
- These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and place in your gates.
b. Ephesians 4:15
- But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ.
2. Be Faithful and blameless
D. Humble Ourselves
Must be humble like a child and place all our trust in God that He will thrust the devil from us. A humble child will completely trust his parents and not question his parents for he believes his parents' decision is right.
1. Philippians 2:3
- Let nothing be done through strife and vainglory: but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
2. 1 Peter 5:5,6
- Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.
a. Daniel 6:4
- ... forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.
b. Philippians 2:15
- That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God ...
3. Retain no guile
- Behold, an Israelite indeed in whom is no guile.
E. Love God and Your Neighbour As Yourself
Love is one of two most important principles in our lives. We must love God and Man. If we do this, we are obeying the Lord and keeping His commandments.
1a. Romans 13:10
- Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law
b. 1 Cor 13:5
- ... is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.
2a. 1 Cor 13:4
- Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not.
b. 1 John 3:12
- Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
3a. 1 John 3:16
- Be willing to sacrifice for the brethren
b. Romans 15:1,2
- We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and no to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
F. Be Faithful to the End
Be faithful to the end and the love of God would sustain us and protect us from the evil one. If we turn away from God in the end, we would end up like unfaithful Judas Iscariot.
1. Romans 8: 35-39
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
2. Remain faithful
2a. 1 Cor 11:2-4
- Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
b. Rev 2:10
- Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
3. Not fearful of death
1. Rev 12:11
- They loved not their lives unto the death
2. Acts 20:22-24
- And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
If we are faithful to Jesus and obey His commandments completely, we can overcome Satan without fail. As children of the light, we are guided by the Holy Spirit of God and Jesus and can do no wrong as we keep our focus on Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.
How to Overcome Satan
Do you believe that Satan can be overcome by the Blood of Jesus?See results without voting
Do you know that the blood of Jesus can cleanse our sin (Acts 2:38; 22:16)?See results without voting
- How to Overcome Depression
The Bible has a lot to say about suffering and how to overcome depression. It's nothing new. Suffering is one of those fundamental and central themes of human existence. The first human beings created, Adam...
- Overcoming Evil
1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV) And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. I was a small kid growing up in the projects, a place where everybody had to be tough. This kid...
© 2012 einron
More by this Author
Eating garlic frequently helps cure cancer. My 98 year old uncle is proof that he survives the family cancer gene. Some died in the late 30s. Most died of different cancers. He outlives 4 brothers, 5 sisters, 5...
God would not prolong everyone's life when asked. He did it to Hezekiah because he did what was right in God's eyes. God rewards some cases. Honouring parents will be rewarded in length of days. Those who keep the...
Purdue researchers found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed six human-cell lines. Especially effective against prostate and pancreatic cancer cells. Read why big pharmaceutical companies do not manufacture...