Habits of One Serious About Making Money Online
Whether you are looking to make money using HubPages or you are looking to make money all over the Internet there are a few habits that are required in order to make it all work. It isn't always easy, but it is important that you work toward getting into the good money making habits. With the right habits and the right mindset you can make your way from a small amount of earnings to a huge money making empire (there are those that write online through articles and blogging and make six figures each year).
Creating Good Habits
A habit is something that becomes part of your nature, who you are, and the way you do things because of repetition. It isn't something that is part of you when you start out, but it becomes part of you because you work to ingrain it into yourself. With that in mind it must be noted that it will take work. Some things will be easier for you then others because they will be a part of your personality or closely related, other things won't be as easy. However, all of these things are achievable and all of them can make a difference in your online business and in your writing.
Habits for Writers
All writers who wish to be successful will have certain habits. These are required to keep the writing flowing. Most of these suggestions work with writers of all sorts, but especially those who are working on sites where they are sharing their knowledge and writing articles.
- Keep a list of ideas. It is important that you have a fresh supply of things to write at all times. It is bad to run out of ideas and waste time trying to figure out what to write and when to write it. If you have a huge list of ideas then you only need to sit down and write them out.
- Keep writing. Whether you don't feel like writing, you feel too busy, or you are feeling writer's block creep up on you, you must keep writing. Squeeze time out for it, write your best and remember, if it isn't any good you can toss it out later. For now, Keep writing!
- Schedule time to write and time to organize your thoughts or to edit past pieces. Time is a precious and often tight commodity. If we schedule it and keep it scheduled then we are more likely to get things done.
Habits for Online Workers
Working online in any fashion is hard. Whether you are looking to work from home part time, full time, or as extra spending money it can be quite that challenge. Habits that will help make the time you have go better is definitely a great way to go.
- Set a Schedule. If you are writing on Hubpages alone, set a schedule of when you are doing that. If you are writing for a thousand different websites, set a schedule. Keep that schedule as well. This will help you maintain a balance between work, life, friends, and family.
- Set Goals. It is easy to get online and end up surfing or fooling your time away. Before you know it you have appointments to keep, chores to do, and kids to take care of. If you set work goals then you are more likely to stay focused on the things that really matter instead of surfing the net or checking your e-mail.
- Stay Focused. While staying focused might seem obvious, it is also important because you can easily get distracted. If you take your writers habits and stay focused on writing then it will be easier to get everything done.
- "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." ~Conrad Hilton
- "Successful people are simply those with success habits." ~Brian Tracy
- "If you want to be successfu, it's just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing." ~Will Rogers
- "The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it." ~Adrew Carnegie
- "The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hardwork; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense. ~Thomas Edison.
Tips of Successful People
Lets face it, you can create great habits, but you also want to be successful. Many successful people have a lot of things in common and if we stay focused on these and our good habits we will find ourselves in the winner circle.
- Organize your life. Have a place for everything and keep like things together. Aim for de-cluttering your life and getting rid of the stuff you don't need.
- Control your time wisely. Make plans, schedules, and to do lists.
- Set goals and priorities. Get the things that are most important done first.
- Think positive. After all your mind is a powerful tool and can get you to do things or leave you feeling down.
- Get what needs to be done, done. Even when you don't feel like it.
- Don't procrastinate. You may be the world's greatest procrastinator (or I might be!), but this doesn't get you ahead in life.
- Don't let yourself get held back due to fear or failure. Whatever you do, be willing to pick yourself up and push on to the next level.
- Work on getting rid of bad habits and starting a whole new set of good habits.
Many people think that in order to find support for their online writing goals they need to find people who make a living online to get help. However, many self-help books can help you succeed by giving you the tools for positive thinking, the hope to push through no matter what, and the inspiration from the fact that you too can have the life you long for and deserve.
It must be noted that success often comes with the right mindset. I have to bring up one of my favorite examples of this. The well known Walt Disney is known for his success, his creations that are still popular today, and the legacy he has left in his work, his dreams, and his company. But it wasn't always this way. In the beginning of his career there were many hurdles to cross. His first business failed. He created his studio and had his cartoons dropped by a number of major movie production houses. He spent a lot of time picking himself up and working on the next chapter. His famous motto? "Keep moving forward." If you are serious about working with HubPages or writing on the Internet for money then this needs to be your motto as well. Take each day as it comes, work your hardest and your best, seek the stars, and when life gets you down "keep moving forward". You have a whole world of potential within you. You just need to work at creating good habits, getting rid of bad, staying focused on positive thinking, and getting work done.
No matter what it is you are trying to succeed at, "Keep moving forward" and use positive thinking to propel you into the future. You can succeed!
More by this Author
Many people have a lot of different opinions as to what makes a writer and what doesn't. This can make it hard to define pros and cons of being one. After all, if you aren't sure what a writer is, then it can get really...
Writing thank you notes can be fun, or it can be a long and drawn out affair. Whether writing a single thank you for something or hundreds it is a good idea to come up with some guidelines to make your thank you's...
There are many people who choose to do their own piercings. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. However, if you have a good idea of what you are doing, what you should use (and shouldn't use), how you should care...