How to Get Rid of a Ghost in Your House
Getting Rid Of A Ghost
This follow up to How to Talk to a Ghost in Your House will discuss ways of getting rid of a pesky ghost who does not want to leave. A common problem for people is having a ghost hang around with no real purpose of goals in his life, or should I say death. This hub will give you the tips to help you get your ghost to move out, or at least start respecting you if it decides to stay. Stop fearing your ghost and start acting like your house is yours. Be strong and get rid of your ghost today.
Disclaimer: If at any time you are reading this and believe that I am describing a ghost that you know personally, rest in peace I am not. All ghost references are purely fictitious.
History Of Haunted Houses: Where Ghosts Live
After World War Two, many soldiers came home with the notion that they were going to make a better home for their ghosts than they had when they grew up. When they were children, ghosts lived in the typical "haunted house," which were mostly described as dark, scary, old, broken-down abandoned houses. These parents to the baby boomers came home and wanted to live the American dream right away. Quonset huts and moving in with parents were necessary modes of living until new houses, such as those in Levittowns, being built met the housing demand. Luckily the builders were able to eventually meet the demand and everyone eventually was able to buy their dream house thanks to overly generous bankers.
The problem came when people started building these houses in the suburbs that were so nice that ghosts started moving out of their decrepit old haunted houses and into very nice comfortable houses where they had their own room with a t.v., computer, and plenty of food in the fridge. These ghosts were being spoiled so much that they never bothered to find purpose in their lives, and they just expected to have nice things all the time. Theses ghosts are lost souls with no direction, just floating around in the comfort of modern day suburban houses. Some ghosts have become so spoiled that they are not willing to work at all. They don't see why they need to start out working a graveyard shift or expect too much from their employers.
Tips For Getting Rid Of A Ghost In Your House
A variety of strategies can be used to get rid of an unwanted ghost lingering in your house, and your ghost may respond to some better than others. You know your ghost best and should choose the strategies that seems best suited for your situation.
- Ask the ghost to help out around the house. Giving the ghost chores will provide it with some responsibilities and teach the ghost a better work ethic. This may be all that is needed for some of the more lazy ghosts
- Stop providing free meals. As long as the ghost has free food in the fridge, theres no reason to leave. Ghosts are known for GOBLIN up food. Forcing your ghost to buy food will lessen its reason to stay. You may ask your ghost to share other costs also, as they are known for turning on lights and leaving the room. You may have what's called a Hungry Ghost.
- Set ground rules. Most ghosts don't like the idea of having GROUND rules, and none seem to stay in the ground where they belong. If your ghost is to live in your house, it must follow a few rules in order to respect you.
- Write your ghost a letter. Jim Fay creator of Love and Logic gives a great example of how to write your ghost a letter in order to encourage it to become more independent and move out. It's all about respect for everyone involved. For some reason it starts "Dear Son." It should be useful for your ghost anyway.
- Help your ghost. Maybe your ghost has no direction. Your ghost may need education to better itself. This will give your ghost the tools it needs to make it outside your home. Be careful though, there's a saying, "you can't teach an old ghost new tricks."
- Encourage your ghost to get out more. If you are able to get your ghost into a relationship, it may be more likely to want to leave your house. Be especially careful that your ghost doesn't invite more ghosts to your house.
Communicate Better With Your Ghost
© 2009 Blake Flannery
More by this Author
Use these simple tactics to become a master arguer. Keep from having to walk away from a good heated debate by learning how to keep it going longer. Then, learn what to do to keep from losing.
If you're looking to gain weight, don't read this. You might accidentally laugh at these ridiculous ways to gain weight, and thus undermine your efforts to put on pounds by burning calories.
Sympathy card messages can be difficult to write. These are many examples of sympathy messages for a loss. Use these to help you comfort and encourage a grieving person.