How to Become the Perfect Grandparent
What Makes a Perfect Grandparent?
- All grandparents want the world to see them as Perfect Grandparents. When they make posts about their grandchildren on Facebook, they want to imagine all of their friends and family gushing about how wonderful they are.
- But (and I speak from personal experience) the journey to become the perfect grandparent is not an easy one. There are things you must do that seem to be above and beyond the call of grandparenting.
- Luckily, you have run across this article, and I have devised a method of determining how close you are getting in your quest for perfection. I have developed a scoring system of sorts, and the higher you score, the better you are at grandparenting.
- This is just my own personal testing system, but I'm willing to share it with each and every one of you.
You Can Score Yourself From 1-10
- The first step is to ask yourself the following question: How much does the baby puke that is constantly on your shoulder really bother you? If, when the baby spits up on you, you go running to the shower and put on a whole new outfit, give yourself 1 point (not good). If you change your shirt immediately, but don't take a shower, give yourself 5 points. If you are completely oblivious to the puke and you go to Wal-Mart without so much as wiping the puke off, you can give yourself 10 points (it may bother the folks at Wal-Mart, but not the perfect grandparent).
- The next step is to ask yourself this question: When you find your hairbrush in the toilet, how do you react? If you go immediately to the drug store to buy a new one, give yourself 1 point. If you take it immediately to the kitchen and put it in boiling water for 10 minutes to kill any and all germs, give yourself 5 points. If you just put it under the hot water in the bathroom for a second or two, then dry it completely with a clean bath towel, give yourself 7 points. If you grab it out of the toilet and shake it a few times before you put it in the drawer, give yourself 10 points.
- The last step is to ask yourself another question: Does your constant bad breath (because you keep finding your toothbrush in the dog's water bowl) bother you? If, every day (that's how often my granddaughter puts mine in the dog bowl), you throw it immediately in the garbage and rush out to buy a new one, give yourself 1 point. If you put it in a pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes before you put it back in the bathroom, give yourself five points. If you go and brush your teeth with it and put it BACK in the dog's bowl so your grandchild won't have to bother, give yourself 10 points.
- I have taken the test outlined above and scored perfectly. I am, therefore, the perfect grandparent.
Please Check Out Some of My Quizzes
- Serial Killers: A Multiple-Choice Quiz on Sick, Twi...
Serial killers don't always look the way we think they should. Some are charming and handsome. Take this quiz to find out how much you really know about these people who have preyed on our fellow men and women.
- John Adams: A Multiple-Choice Quiz and Study Guide f...
John Adams was the first Vice President and became the second President of the United States. This is a study guide and quiz created to assist those who are home schooled and studying this leader.
- Psychology and Your Memory: A Multiple-Choice Quiz f...
This is a multiple-choice quiz on the psychology of memory. It is designed to aid home schooled students as well as all high school-age students prepare for psychology courses they may take in college.
- The Civil War: A Multiple-Choice Quiz and Study Gui...
A multiple-choice quiz and study guide on the American Civil War. Designed to aid homeschoolers and all students studying American History. Find out how much you REALLY know about the Civil War.
More by this Author
This is a how-to article that will discuss ways of identifying booklice and then getting rid of them! They are little flesh-colored creatures who feed on any mold anywhere.
Pecksniffian is the Word of the Day for Bill O'Reilly on "The O'Reilly Factor" (Fox News), and it means to be falsely moralistic, hypocritical or sincere. There were so many politicians that fit the...
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually "clone" it!