Human Nature Quotes and Sayings
Sayings and Quotes about Human Nature
- It's human nature to keep doing something as long as its pleasurable and you can succeed at all - which is why the world population continues to double every ten years. ~ Peter Lynch
- All people have three characters, that which they exhibit, that which they are, and that which they think they are. ~ Alphonse Karr
- Human nature is not obliged to be consistant. ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature can not do without. Confucius
- Diseased nature oftentimes breaks forth in strange eruptions... ~ William Shakespeare
- So complex is the human spirit that it can iself scarce discern the deep springs which impel it to action. ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Our deeds determines us, as much as we determine our deeds. ~ George Elliot
- Duties are not performed for duty's sake , but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of making himself agreeable to himself. ~ Mark Twain
- Human nature is potentially aggressive and destructive and potentially orderly and constructive. ~ Margaret Mead
- You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents everytime around - and why his parents will always wave back. ~ William D. Tammenis
- Few people can resist doing what is universally expected of them. This invisible pressure is more difficult to stand against than individual tyranny. ~ Charles Dickens
- There surely is in human nature an inherent propensity to extract all the good out of all the evil. ~ Benjamin Haydon
- You put too much stock in human intelligence, it doesn't annihilate human nature. ~ Philip Roth
- Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied. ~ Mark Twain
- Science explained people, but could not understand them. After long centuries among the bones and muscles it might be advancing to knowledge of the nerves, but this would never give understanding. ~ Unknown
- The more one analyses people, the more all reasons for analysis disappears. Sooner or later one comes to that dreadful universal thing called human nature. ~ Oscar Wilde
- No author ever drew a character consistant to human nature, but he was forced to ascribe to it many inconsistancies. ~ Edward G. Butler-Lytton
- As for the law - it catered for a human nature of which it took a naturally low view. ~ John Galsworthy
- The pure and simple is rarely pure and never simple. ~ Oscar Wilde
- The most beautiful as well as the most ugly inclinations of man are not part of a fixed biologically given human nature, but results from the socail process which creates man. ~ Erich Fromm
- The average man doesn't like trouble and danger. ~ Mark Twain
- If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- Revenge may be wicked, but it's nature. ~ William Makepeace Thackery
The Lighter Side of Human Nature
- She understood how much louder a cock can crow in his own farmyars than elsewhere... ~ Anthony Trollipe
- The problem with people is that they're only human. ~ Bill Watterson
- The basic rule of human nature is that the powerful people speak slowly and the subservient people quickly - because if they don't speak fast nobody will listen to them. ~ Michael Caine
- Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to. ~ Mark Twain
- There seems to me to be absolutely no limit to the insanity and credulity of the human race. Homo Sapiens. Homo idioticus! Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- No tendency is quite so strong in human nature as the desire to lay down rules of conduct for other people. ~ William Howard Taft
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity: and I'm not sure about the universe. ~ Unknown
- Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other plansts be any different from ours. ~ Bob Monkhouse
- Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art. ~ Virginia Wolfe
- Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is. ~ Albert Camus
- Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature. ~ Charles Dickens
- It's possible, you can never know, that the universe exsists only for me. If so, it's sure going well for me, I must admit. ~ Bill Gates
- It's human nature to think wisely and act foolishly. ~ Anatole France.
- Human Nature Vs Natural Human
Human nature is to the square, as natural human is to a tree.
- What Is Human Nature?
What is human nature? Is the question itself even valid? That is what this contemplative essay is about.
- Friend or Foe Game Show, what it Reveals about Human...
Here you will learn about the 2002 game show called Friend or Foe. Hosted by Kennedy this show reveal a lot about the not so pretty side of human nature.
More by this Author
The Supreme Court of the U.S. met for the first time on February 1, 1790. Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. Super Bowl XLIV will be held February 6th at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. On...
Baby showers are fun and full of promise. A special gift at this time is especially appreciated.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.