STOP Stealing My Words - I'm tired of having my hubs copied
Every time I log in I'm afraid that I will spot that tiny red "c" against another one of my hubs. It is just so irritating to find that you do your research, get the right keywords, and finish a great hub, only to have it copied verbatim by some idiot hiding behind a weird screen name on another website.
Come on people! Stop stealing my words!
Just because its not a physical possession does not mean that my hubs do not belong to me! I have sweat over them and poured my heart and soul into some of the topics that I have researched and written about. You have no right to waltz in and pick up my top hubs and copy them on your website.
No right at all! Its still called stealing!
I may not be quite as active on hubpages these days but that does not mean that I don't love the site and the opportunity that it gives me. I hate the thought that one day they might say you have too much copied content and it would be nice to un-publish those hubs.I seriously hope it doesn't come to that.
I am fed up of being copied! Just don't know how to stop it!
It is rather unfortunate that thanks to the distance and anonymity that the internet affords I may never be actually able to confront anyone who stole my words in the real world. I promise at times I get angry enough to want to slap them. And all my friends will attest to the fact that I am not a violent person.
Learn to Write and STOP copying my hubs
Steps to deal with plagiarists
There is no end to what plagiarists will steal. It is up to the writer to protect the words written. So how do you go about doing this?
1. Look out for the copied symbol near your hubs. If a hub shows up as copied, search out the website that had the copied content.
2. Contact the website owner about the copied content and ask that it be either taken down, or correctly attribute the real writer (that is, acknowledge that you are the real author of the piece.)
3. Give a definite deadline date by when you expect this to be done, don't say one week, say by 8th June 2012. And check back to see if the website owner has complied with your wishes.
4. If there is no response from the website owner, contact the hosting site. Most blogspot blogs with copied content get taken down quite fast. You can also contact the wordpress or other blog hosting services and have the blog shut down.
5. In case the website is hosted by a private company which does not respond, get after the advertisers on the website. They are copying your content to make money through Google Adsense? Contact the customer support and tell them about the copied content.
6. Usually by now the copied content is either taken down, or the advertisers penalize the blog and no money is made off the copied content. So you have achieved your aim.
More by this Author
These 5 homemade weightloss drinks are easy to make and nutritious to boot. You don't have to empty your wallet for weight loss drinks anymore! Just follow these free recipes and sip away!
Can a 34 year old doctor and a 16 year old patient have a future together? A short story of love, loss and rebirth.
This hub contains energy exercises to cleanse and balance your seven chakras. The idea is to do these energy exercises over a period of seven days. Cleansing and balancing all your chakras in a week