In My Own Words: safe-at-last's Inspired Wisdom & Memorable Musings
In this hub I have included some of my more inspiring quotes and messages. Please feel free to use them, but please remember to credit me (Mel Stewart or safe-at-last) for all quotes as all my writing is under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last" of Perth, Western Australia, and Licensors Nodtronics Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
- There are some things we'll never get over. Some people we'll always miss. Some who have hurt us so much, that we think we'll never recover. It's not fair, but that's just the way it is.We still have to keep on going on, the best we can. I'll be fine. You'll be fine. We'll be fine.We are still here.You are not alone.You will never be alone.Just don't forget to breath, don't forget about you and don't forget about me.
- Self respect comes from within, from reaching for your dreams, from the satisfaction of achievement, from knowing you have something to offer, from inspiring others to greater things, from giving of yourself for the greater good, from providing people with an insight that will foster empathy, from sharing your knowledge with those who seek enlightenment, from the pride felt with each small success, from having a sense of purpose that gives you direction, from forgiving yourself for your mistakes, from gaining wisdom from your experiences, and from never giving in to failure, but always having the courage to try again.
- The world could collapse around my ears, and I'd still know how to adapt tothe change and rebuild on the ruins.
"Thoughts become things" is a truth to take far. A wish is a thought, so wish on a star.
- There is no choice between Darkness & The Light. Darkness is but the absence of Light.
- Believing in God does not make me religious, it makes me an optimist who has faith in the universe! Besides, I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.... (not a Mel Stewart Original, but a favorite from anon)
- Never forget how powerful thoughts can be. Try not to worry too much. Save all the painful memories, feelings of hurt, confusion, anger & fear for those hours when you are with your counselor. If you ruminate, you'll just get stuck into a different kind of rut. The more you practice being positive, by thinking & talking positively, the easier it will become, until it just comes naturally.
- Laughter IS the best medicine! Laughter and Humor are very powerful. Laughing has great health benefits such as reducing the stress hormones and strengthening the immune system. It also releases endorphins, the feel good and happy hormone, in the brain. Even the simple act of smiling releases good chemicals. Your point of view of a situation can change the way it affects you. For example if you are in a threatening situation but view it in a humorous way or as a challenge instead of a threat it can greatly reduce the stress it causes. The emotions of other people and their attitude of being negative or positive can affect you. For example a person that is pessimistic or always views things and interprets things negatively or a person that is always joyful and laughing can rob off on you and can change you. Remember the expression "Laughter is contagious"!
- Let your imagination free and go with the flow. Yes, let yourself dream and then you will know, that your mind really can do incredible things; your mind is your spirit and your spirit has wings. So do not live in the Darkness of the past; let go of your fear and know freedom at last. "Thoughts become things" is a truth to take far; a wish is a thought, so wish on a star!
One of the greatest secrets in life is to possess both patience and courage, whilst also having the wisdom to know which to use in any given situation.
- TRUE Love is like catching a glimpse of heaven. True love is worth fighting for; Worth the risk. True love is finding joy in your love's joy. True love is exposing the vulnerability of your soul to the only one capable of doing it harm, knowing that they will never expose it to the darkness. True love is when your love's Light makes your own shine brighter....
- Love yourself enough to respect your needs and desires, and you will see that there is more of you available for others to love and respect.
- I believe in soul mates, manifesting your desires, new beginnings, leaving the past behind, trusting in the magic of serendipity, throwing caution to the wind, and cherishing EVERY moment of Love, Laughter and Light shared with the one you love!
- "Broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart that has never been broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect." - Anon
- When our hearts are filled with faith and love and our minds know hope and joy, our lives abound with peace and laughter.
- It's OK to cry. Let it all out. If your kids see you crying, so be it. Let them know it's OK for parents to cry, and it's OK for them to cry too. Remind them that crying makes us human. Tell them that despite our tears, the sun will still come up tomorrow, and its Light will shine upon our smiles once more...
Please join me on FaceBook
- STOP the Violence Against Women & Children
Organize to Resist! Together we can take on the Predators! Let's Break the Silence to End the Violence by working together to make our voices a Resounding SHOUT!!! Perpetrators BEWARE - you don't stand a chance!
All names in this article have been changed for legal purposes and to protect the privacy of the Author. Except where otherwise credited, or where text forms part of an external link, this article is under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last", of Perth, Western Australia. All rights reserved.
All persons, places and objects shown in the images in this hub are are shown for illustrative purposes only. They bear no relation to any real person or event. All persons shown are paid models. Unless otherwise credited, all images are under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last" and Licensors Nodtronics Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
More by this Author
5 of my poems, including: Love & Life; R.I.P.Dad; The problem with you and me; A False Impression;; R.I.P. Uncle T!
Words of Wisdom to Inspire, Enlighten & Entertain. Dalai Lama. Oscar Wilde. Barack Obama. Bob Dylan. Buddha. Winston Churchill. Confucius. Albert Einstein. George Washington. Mother Teresa. Captain Jack Sparrow....
In This Hub: Emotional, Mental & Psychological Abuse - Killing With Words; Signs of Domestic Violence & Emotional Abuse Tactics; Why Domestic Violence is Often Overlooked; Violence, Power & Control Wheel;...