Inspirational Quotes - The Secret of Happiness
What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life. Leo Buscaglia
- When I walked out of the gate I knew that if I continued to hate these people I was still in prison. Nelson Mandela
- This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this. Charlie Brown
Quotes From Leo Buscaglia
- A single rose can be my garden, a single friend, my world.
- Death is a challenge, it tells us not to waste time. It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.
- Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever.
- I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things. I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.
- Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.
- Love is life and if you miss love, you miss life.
- The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.
- We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. Charles Kingsley
- To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others. Albert Camus
- To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour. William Blake
- We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. Frederick Keonig
- You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. Albert Camus
- Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. Nathaniel Hawthorne
Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy in the moment. J. Donald Walters
Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence. Aristotle
- Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. John Barrymore
- He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has. Henry Ward Beecher
- I am happy and content because I think I am. Alain-René Lesage
- If I regarded my life from the point of view of the pessimist, I should be undone. I should seek in vain for the light that does not visit my eyes and the music that does not ring in my ears. I should beg night and day and never be satisfied. I should sit apart in awful solitude, a prey to fear and despair. But since I consider it a duty to myself and to others to be happy, I escape a misery worse than any physical deprivation. Helen Keller
- My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate. Thornton Wilder
- One filled with joy preaches without preaching. Mother Teresa
- People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them. George Bernard Shaw
- There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction. Salvador Dali
- The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. John Milton
- Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures. Jackson Brown Jr.
- Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. Norm Papernick
- Those who have not found their true wealth, which is the radiant joy of Being and the deep, unshakable peace that comes with it, are beggars, even if they have great material wealth. They are looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfilment, for validation, security, or love, while they have a treasure within that not only includes all those things but is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer. Eckhart Tolle
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It's to enjoy each step along the way. Wayne Dyer
- You need to learn to be happy by nature, because you'll seldom have the chance to be happy by circumstance. Lavetta Sue Wegman
- But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads? Albert Camus
- A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future. Albert Einstein
- All cravings are the mind seeking salvation or fulfillment in external things and in the future as a substitute for the joy of Being. As long as I am my mind, I am those cravings, those needs, wants, attachments, and aversions, and apart from them there is no ‘I’ except as a mere possibility, an unfulfilled potential, a seed that has not yet sprouted. Eckhart Tolle
- Anybody who thinks money will make you happy, hasn't got money. David Geffen
- A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships. Helen Keller
- Happiness is a function of accepting what is. Werner Erhard
- Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life. Wayne Dyer
- Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. Jacques Prévert
- Happiness ain't a thing in itself, it's only a contrast with something that ain't pleasant. Mark Twain
Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
Here is a little song I wrote, you might want to sing it note for note, don't worry be happy.
In your life expect some trouble, but when you worry, you make it double, don't worry, be happy.
Ain't got no place to lay your head, somebody came and took your bed, don't worry, be happy.
The landlord say your rent is late, he may have to litigate, don't worry, be happy - look at me I am happy.
Don't worry, be happy, here I give you my phone number, when you worry call me, I make you happy, don't worry, be happy.
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, ain't got no girl to make you smile, but don't worry be happy.
Cause when you worry your face will frown, and that will bring everybody down, so don't worry, be happy.
Don't worry don't do it, be happy, put a smile on your face, don't bring everybody down like this, don't worry, it will soon past, whatever it is don't worry, be happy.
- The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so. William Ralph Inge
- Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
- Suspicion of happiness is in our blood. E. V. Lucas
- The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. Mark Twain
- The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. James Openheim
- People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy. Anton Chekhov
- Pleasure is spread through the earth in stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find. William Wordsworth
- Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it. William Feather
- Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think. Dale Carnegie
- If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having. Henry Miller
- If you are not happy here and now, you never will be. Taisen Deshimaru
- If you ever find happiness by hunting for it, you will find it, as the old woman did her lost spectacles, safe on her own nose all the time. Josh Billings
- If you want to be happy, be. Leo Tolstoy
- Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. Helen Keller
- Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln
More Inspirational Quotes
More by this Author
A wonderful selection of inspiring quotes about humour and the magic of laughing at life.
Wonderful, inpiring quotes to give you focus and insight....
Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. "If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn." Plus many more great music quotations.