Inspiring & Uplifting Famous Quotes & Sayings
Inspirational Quotes and Sayings
I love quotes and sayings, and the way in which I can be inspired, motivated and even sometimes saddened by them. My favourites are the inspiring and uplifting kind, and I have quite a few favourites that I read when I feel like I need cheering up! Here's a list of my favourite uplifting and inspiring famous quotes and sayings that never fail to put me in a good mood, and I hope they can inspire others too!
- Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step ~ Lao Tzu
- I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe ~ Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
- There is nothing impossible to him who will try ~ Alexander The Great
- Always look on the bright side of life ~ From the movie Monty Python's Life of Brian
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that ~ Martin Luther King, Jr
- A jug fills drop by drop ~ Buddha
- Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back ~ Arthur Rubenstein
- He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still ~ Lao Tzu
- Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew ~ Saint Francis de Sales
- Dost thou love life? Then waste not time for time is the stuff that life is made of ~ Benjamin Franklin
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind ~ Buddha
- If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading ~ Lao Tzu
- Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching ~ Satchel Paige
- I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures ~ Lao Tzu
- If you wait to do everything until you're sure it is right, you will probably never do much of anything ~ Win Borden
- It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell ~ Buddha
- Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly ~ Robert. F. Kennedy
- Know yourself and you will win all battles ~ Sun Tzu
- I would rather attempt something great and fail than attempt to do nothing and succeed ~ Robert Schuller
- It's always too soon to quit ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path ~ Buddha
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new ~ Albert Einstein
- You always pass failure on the way to success ~ Mickey Rooney
- Don't take life too seriously because you'll never get out alive ~ Josh Shippe
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best - that is inspiration ~ Robert Bresson
- Belief creates the actual fact ~ William James
- The greatest inspiration is often born of desperation ~ Comer Cotrell
- Believe you can and you're halfway there ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- Prepare your mind to receive the best that life has to offer ~ Ernest Holmes
- Change your thoughts and you change your world ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- To him who is determined it remains only to act ~ Italian Proverb
- Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul ~ Thomas Merton
- Fear less, hope more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours ~ Swedish Proverb
- For a gallant spirit there can never be defeat ~ Wallis Simpson
- Here is a test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't ~ Richard Bach
- Give light and people will find the way ~ Ella Baker
- The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live ~ Joan Borysenko
- Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present ~ Jim Rohn
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose ~ Robert Byrne
- Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul ~ Democritus
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy ~ Lao Tzu
- I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be ~ Douglas Adams
- Hope is a waking dream ~ Aristotle
- Our destiny changes with our thought; we shall become what we wish to become, do what we wish to do, when our habitual thought corresponds with our desire ~ Orison Swett Marden
- If it were not for hopes, the heart would break ~ Thomas Fuller
- We must become the change we want to see ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light ~ Aristotle Onassis
- Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself ~ Desiderius Erasmus
- Man never made any material as resiliant as the human spirit ~ Bern Williams
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"! ~ Audrey Hepburn
- You change your life by changing your heart ~ Max Lucado
- Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realise there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
- Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired ~ Richard Kemph : )
Here are some more of my hubs you may find interesting:
- Romantic Quotes and Sayings about Love
Valentine's Day will soon be here, and we are all likely to be thinking of ways we can show our loved one's just how much they really mean to us. These famous romantic quotes and sayings about love are great...
- Crystals & Minerals that can be used for Natural Healing
Crystals and minerals have been used for centuries as a way of healing the body, mind and spirit. All matter on this earth, including ourselves, is vibrating energy, and everything has it's own vibrational...
- Colour Therapy - How to Select & Use Colour for Healing
Colour is very important in our lives, imagine life without it! Babies are drawn to colours and small children recognise colour and use it to distinguish between different objects, which is how we learn with...
- Seekyt - Backlink, Increase Traffic & Make Money
If, like me, you're trying to make a bit of extra cash with your hubs, you may or may not be aware of the fact that back linking is a great way to increase traffic, which in turn, if your article content is of...
- Numerology: How to Work out Your Challenge Numbers and what they Mean
So I've told you how to work out your Life Path number from your birthday (and if you haven't read that hub the link is at the bottom of the page), and now I'm going to tell you how to work out your Challenge...
- The Perfect Smile Starts with Good Dental Hygiene
The Perfect Smile Starts With Good Dental Hygiene. Lets face it, who doesn't want the perfect pearly white smile? No celebrity comes without one these days, and with the advances of dental cosmetics it is...
- Save Money Using Voucher Codes
With the recession hitting hard and Christmas approaching fast, everyone is looking at ways of saving money. Shopping online is as popular as ever as it offers you the freedom to shop at stores that may...
- Numerology: How to work out your Life Path Number and what it means
Numerology is an ancient system of numbers that has been used for over five thousand years, and is used to gain a greater understanding of ourselves and our universe. The Chinese, Japanese, Hebrews, Greek,...
More by this Author
Numerology can reveal alot about us. Learn how to work out your Challenge Numbers and what they mean.
Example dental receptionist interview questions, useful for recruitment.
Numerology can reveal alot about ourselves. Learn how to work out your Life Path Number and what it means.