Just a regular month awareness month
- Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
- Bake and Decorate Month, Natl
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Natl
- Caffeine Addiction Recovery Month
- Celebrating the Bilingual Child Month
- Children's Magazine Month
- Chili Month, Natl
- Chiropractic Month, Natl
- Class Reunion Month
- Crime Prevention Month, Natl
- Cyber Security Awareness Month, Natl
- Dental Hygiene Month, Natl
- Depression Education and Awareness Month, Natl
- Disability Employment Awareness Month, Natl
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Down Syndrome Awareness Month, Natl
- Dyslexia Awareness Month
- Eat Better, Eat Together Month
- Emotional Intelligence Awareness Month
- Emotional Wellness Month
- Family Sexuality Education Month, Natl
- Gay and Lesbian History Month
- German-American Heritage Month
- Global Diversity Awareness Month
- Go Hog Wild--Eat Country Ham Month
- Go on a Field Trip Month, Natl
- Halloween Safety Month
- Liver Awareness Month, Natl
- Long-Term Care Planning Month
- Medical Librarians Month, Natl
- Month of Freethought
- Organize Your Medical Information Month
- Orthodontic Health Month, Natl
- Physical Therapy Month, Natl
- Polish-American Heritage Month
- Popcorn Poppin' Month, Natl
- Positive Attitude Month
- Reading Group Month, Natl
- Right-Brainers Rule Month
- Roller Skating Month, Natl
- Sarcastics Awareness Month, Natl
- Self-Promotion Month
- Spina Bifida Awareness Month, Natl
- Spinach Lovers Month
- Squirrel Awareness Month
- Stamp Collecting Month, Natl
- Talk about Prescriptions Month
- Vegetarian Month
- Work and Family Month, Natl
- Workplace Politics Awareness Month
Let’s take a step back and appreciate this month for what it is, thirty days of the year. For thirty days there will be no celebrations of any particular group, no awareness drives or causes, just one month of the year to sit back and reflect. Wait, that will make it national reflection month, is that taken?
Just A Regular Month, month promises to be what all these other special months are not, a regular month. No rallies, no 5k’s, no fund raisers, no ribbons, just kick back and watch the calendar do the work as the days pass and just a regular month picks up steam and catches on worldwide.
It will be tough to find a month that is not already taken, so feel free to pick your own. There will be no trademarks, no copyright infringements as everyone will own a piece of the pie, it's a month without rules and regulations.
Without parades and fanfare, Just a regular month, will give us a momentary reprieve of sales and spending or protesting and boycotting and let us do the mundane. We will go to work, raise a family, spend time with a spouse or partner and stop rushing. Maybe you can get that garage cleaned up or fix that leaky faucet. Just a regular month, or JARM, gives you the power of choice, you can make it happen without feeling selfish or uncommitted.
Let's enjoy a month untouched by Hallmark and unblemished by retail. Just a regular month is best enjoyed with a head down and our feet on the ground. JARM will be known as the one month where we do the hard work and make good decisions. JARM will be known as the time to work towards paying off that credit card, taking pride in driving a used car, and delaying personal gratitude. JARM will be that one time of year that we buck the trends and make tough decisions.
In the future we may be flooded with advertisements:This weekend only, our inventory is slashed for Just A Regular Month, come now and receive up to 50% off of regular prices!!! HURRY ACT NOW!!!! This won’t last long, hurry before this regular month ends!!!
But for now, there will be no free t-shirts, bumpers tickers, wrist bands or facebook page, JARM Is just as advertised, a regular time for regular folks.
Awareness months are needed, many serve great purposes and raise money for research. Cancer, racism, autism, AIDS, and horrible pop music are all things that need to be eradicated, but let’s take one month, just one month, and treat ourselves to a few weeks of life without worry.
Hopefully it can be a time when we can see past our religious/political/cultural differences and unite as we share one common goal, enjoying life. It can be a time for reflection and focusing on our own lives, hopefully if we can work on ourselves everything else will be easier to manage.
I’m not sure if JARM will catch on as it may be too blue collar for some. Its no frills, distraction free approach may seem old fashioned in our multitasking world as it is a month with one sole purpose, there is no purpose. So finish that book, play with the kids, enjoy the weekends, this is your month, do with it what you will.